Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

i pod

andrew1965

Hi there, anyone can help?
I am looking for the cable that will connect my ipod nano to the new ipod plug-in which is available in the new mk II Porsche. Can anyone help me with the name of this type of cable and a web site where I can buy one. Many thanks in advance.

Andrew

Attachments

• ipod_connection_cable_158.jpg
    ipod_connection_cable_158.jpg
    37.5 KB · Views: 6,419
Is the socket on the nano different to any other ipod then?
I would have thought that a Gen2 spec'd with Ipod integration would come with a relevent universal lead?

You could also use a jack to jack plug to connect from the headphone socket to the Aux input? That would give you sound but you would have to control throught the ipod not pcm.

Jamie said:
Is the socket on the nano different to any other ipod then?
I would have thought that a Gen2 spec'd with Ipod integration would come with a relevent universal lead?

Thanks for prompt reply. Sadly, there is no lead with the car and the dealer has not answered yet. The nanob has the same socket as all other ipods. Just wondering what the name is for that black cable.

So what happens if you plug it into the USB port? ie. using the standard white iPod cable?

Dealer got back to me today. It should have been supplied with the car...new lead on the way. Thanks for all your responses

Morning Andrew. Isn't that an iphone in the picture? I think connector is the same though.

batheyedoc said:
Morning Andrew. Isn't that an iphone in the picture? I think connector is the same though.

It's a Touch and yes the connector is still the same :)

997 iPhone 3G Support?

Damian said:
batheyedoc said:

It's a Touch and yes the connector is still the same :)

Does this charge the iPhone 3G? This is not an obvious question: while the connector is the same Apple has apparently changed the pin in the iPhone 3G which is used for charging from FireWire to USB and the problem is many, many car adapters seem to have used the FireWire pin - including BMW's which was only introduced in September, and the DICE system. (Apple claim to have put people on notice three years ago but apparently they didn't do a very good job.) In the market for a 997 and this is an obscure, but vital, question as getting iPod support put in to my old 993 was stressful and I vowed never to buy another car that didn't support it all from the factory ever again!

works great

Hi everyone. Just want to say that the new ipod connectivity system in the mk 2 997 works absolutely brilliant. The Bose does miracles that I cannot believe. With the TV option I can also watch podcasts and films stored on the ipod in truly brilliant format. I am not sure about the other functions yet butI am in the process of working it out. The basic functions though could not be simpler. However, I must say the English female voice on the sat nav system here in Sweden is unbelievably sexy....could it be Angelina Jolie putting on her best Lara Croft accent. My son seems to thinks so...will put photos of the car up shortly.

Would love to see a picture of the unit playing a film from the ipod. Also can these play while you are driving or does the car has to be switched off, for this to play.

regards.

Actually it was not playing the ipod. It was the TV playing a film which I also had on the ipod. What are the chances of that. Actually the PCM does not play ipod video atall! Unfortunately.. Moreover, the bluettoht does not work and neither do national stations on the TV. PORSCHE are looking into both aspects and the feedback I have got here in Sweden is that some engineer in Stuttgart is getting the book thrown at him over this one. So there are gliches with the PCM. However, the sat nav is amazing. I was disappoitned with the BOSE system I thought it would have been much better. All this adds up to nothing as the PDK blows all these nuisances away. Never driven anything like it especially with sport plus on and PASM turned off....oh boy!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back