Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 TT - Anything to be wary of?

ZeroH said:
Had a reasonable test drive of a 7tt and concluded it was not a car i'd be changing to anytime soon, even leaving the massive future depreciation out of the question...

steering felt anethestised compared to my 6tt, suspension even in sport mode softer, and the engine sounded like a hoover. It also subjectively didnt feel any faster than my x50 on full attack, albeit for sure it was more responsive on part throttle.

Those were the main negatives, positives were a nicer more spacious interior, less turbo lag, the sophistication of the PASM, much better sports seats, and better driving position.

You certainly cant go wrong with a 7tt but it just didnt rock my boat.

I found pretty much the opposite, so much so I bought one...
The steering on the 7 is way above the 6.. it was one the the main factors of doing the deal.
I will admit that on the test drive I thought the 7 was slower than my previous 6, that was until I took more notice of the numbers on the dials, silly speeds in no time at all (much like the 6)
Exhaust, yes its quiet, but I don't remember the 6 being a beast ?
easily sorted with extra funding, after hearing a 7TT with a caragraphic in tunnels for the last week quiet is not what I'd call it..

I've just spent a week+ blatting around Switzerland with a GT2 on my tail.. if you still find the 7TT muted then sure enough its the wrong car for you...

garyw

Not sure what specifically you're thinking of when saying the steering of the 7 is "way above" the 6, but for me, & I'm specifically comparing it to my car, which has x73 so makes the whole car (& steering) feel tighter, I found that the 7tt steering had less feedback/connection to the front tyres - it was more bmw-like & less porsche-like than i'd like.

7tt's zorst sounded less fruity than my stock x50 to my ears and road roar from the tyres was greater, compounding the problem. I've been looking into a Europipe for my car also however because I agree the 6tt lacks something in the noise dept.

Not wanting to start another 6tt v 7tt thread as quite simply we can agree that the 7tt moves the game on sufficiently for some people to drop the folding on it, and not enough for others.

I can see the apeal of the 7 over the 6 but not driven one. The price gap is too big but I can see a possibility next year. I have a Ruf pipe on my 6tt and it made a big difference to sound & performance, I have a coilover set up going on tomorrow. The tuneability is great fun although I'm only just scratcting the surface but I could imagine tweaking a 7tt would be great fun too. Neither car is going to be that hard to tweak to a really nice point and would be reletively easy to dial out most of the criticisms you hear.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back