Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

ipod adpater for 997, C4 with Sat Nav

geraintw

I am trying to find anyone who has had experience or can suggest a good ipod adapter for the above car, is there only the Dension and Mobridge as options?

Thanks

G

I'm going for the mObridge

Clive

Cheers Clive, I did hear there a German unit out there which had a better GUI but I cant seem to locate one on the web, let me know if you have any different thoughts!

G

HI

I WENT FOR THE DENSION MODEL. IT WORKS BRILLIANTLY. I.LL BE SELLING IT OFF SOON THOUGH AS IVE JUST ORDERED MY NEW 997 S

mObridge works very well and easy to install yourself (if you have CD changer anyway).

I don't know much about these things but wouldn't recommend a self install without CD changer as it all looks a bit complicated to an average Joe like me.

I'm going to JZM for mine to be fitted, when I can get round to it!

It's def easier with the CD Changer since you just replace this in the front of the car so no interior trim to remove. Plugging the fibre optics was easy enough, cutting into the power a bit more stressy and you have to source suitable connectors yourself. Hardest bit was actually forcing the clips off to remove the CD changer.

I suspect the instructions make it seem more complicated than it is by showing numerous interior install options in a number of different models.

You would have thought that it would be relatively easy to make a plug and play kit that uses the wiring loom of the CDC (as it is of no use with these kits). I presume that the CDC has a wiring plug that could be used to power an aftermarket iPod kit. The fibre optics are an easy push fit and I am sure it would appeal to more users if there was no cutting or splicing into the existing wiring loom.

Connection of any aftermarket audio device requires the tapping of power.

Connection of the mObridge to the MOST bus requires NO cutting/splicing of existing CDC MOST cable. It only requires a small eyeglass screwdriver to 'release' the MOST plug from the existing cable.

Connection of any aftermarket audio device requires the tapping of power.

I was just thinking it would give you an edge if you provided a custom Porsche connector that just "bridged" the connections from the CDC cable to the mObridge so no tapping of power was required. I presume the CDC cable has a power and earth connection.

The MOST cables are easy.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Autocraft1
Back