Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

pdk?? no worries!!

mottle

Hello everyone ive just took the plunge and ordered my new mk2 997(should be being built for october delivery) Just wanted to share my thoughts on this pdk ongoing slating about the steering wheel controls. Having a lengthy talk with a saleschap at my local opc(i will spare his name for his own modesty!!) Idecided to trade in my carrera 4s for a new cs. I took my car back to the dealer for the p/x(ouch!!) and we took back home a997 with pdk for me to decide on my way home pdk or manual? Driving a mere 2/3 miles it is clear pdk is the ONLY choice(imo). I live around 20 miles away from the dealer so i had a decent time to play. Stick it in auto and it does axactly what it says on the tin!! absolutely amazing!!!!! Stick it in manual mode and use the gear shift for up/down gearing? stunning!!!!!! The steeringwheel changers????? Very Good!!!. Now when i say good imean if youve ever used flappy paddles i can see where your coming from(dosn't feel right with the push/pull ) but if youve never used a flappy paddle im sure everyone will love it immediately.(imo) From what i read people are saying porsche are already looking into fixing this with an upgrade of something or other. Now im no engineer but surely the gear switches are electronic? if so, surely they could remap the instructions for up(right pull) and down(left pull)? that would mean changing only the switches on the steering wheel. Now the chap in question at my opc i consider as a friend and hopefully likewise, so he tells me how it is straight. If porsche do do an updated version of the gear switches it is almost certain they will change all pdk's already sold with a recall. He is checking out for further info from porsche about this.(so dont forget if your reading this JG)Seriously the drive home was incredible and im still smiling!!! the car is twice the car i thought it was. So for all those in doubt.....just do it!!!!!!!!
If anybodys interested i can list the options i chose for the car?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back