Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PDK

andrew1965

Anyone on the forum with the latest 911 with a PDK box? I would be curious to know how you find it?

I have driven PDK on both the road and the Silverstone Porsche facility and I can only describe it as outstanding.

The push/pull buttons though are another story altogether :evil:

Test drove the PDK over the weekend - immacualte and immediate gear changes in the "manual" and the "auto" mode. Preferred using the stick to the steering wheel buttons. The new suspension is also noticeably different to previous 911's. Porsche main dealer reckons 80% of orders for new car will now be PDK.

Rip said:
The push/pull buttons though are another story altogether :evil:

I was reading in one of the motoring rags this week (can't remember which one) that Porsche are actually re-considering the push/pull button set-up as too many journalists complained it was counter-intuitive apparently. If you're ordering PDK equipped cars, I would wait until Porsche have made a decision as to whether they will revise this set-up or stick with the current version.

~ Maxie

Ouch, that will hammer anyone who's already got the current format???
Everyone will want a Facelift 997 with Facelift PDK

Jamie said:
Ouch, that will hammer anyone who's already got the current format???
Everyone will want a Facelift 997 with Facelift PDK

That would be a very quick facelift then. 25 years of development, 2 months release, and a facelift is around the corner! :mrgreen:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back