Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Should I even consider a C2S without Sports chrono ?

I have to say Jamie - I did think that myself so perhaps he was trying to influence it a bit! :eek:)

Still thrilled with the car so no regrets - perhaps Sports Chrono is something to look for on the next one! I'll have to get a quote off you in a year or so!

If you had been considering their car with chrono and another at another OPC without - I would bet my house that they would be telling you it was a must have option and it would be suicide to buy without.

I was speaking with a client recently who bought a new 997 C2 as the dealership convinced him that it was a much better and desireable car than the C2S so it was better to spec a C2 up to near C2S spec (and money).

All because the probably had an allocation of C2 cars to get rid of.

I'm not saying Chrono is a must have, don't buy without but it is seriously good.

So what I'm understanding is that the Chrono function can be used on the open road as opposed to the track only? I thought its sole purpose was to time laps, but it seems there's more to it than that.

~ Maxie :?

Maxie Islam said:
So what I'm understanding is that the Chrono function can be used on the open road as opposed to the track only? I thought its sole purpose was to time laps, but it seems there's more to it than that.

I think it tweaks up the throttle mapping, PSM and the PASM.

I can see myself timing my runs cross-country to the M40 at 06.30am "Yes officer, I am aware that this road is a 60mph limit, but do you realise I managed to shave 3/10ths off my previous best?"

Robertb said:
Maxie Islam said:

I think it tweaks up the throttle mapping, PSM and the PASM.

I can see myself timing my runs cross-country to the M40 at 06.30am "Yes officer, I am aware that this road is a 60mph limit, but do you realise I managed to shave 3/10ths off my previous best?"

:floor: :floor: :floor:

~ Maxie :hand:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
R6demon
Back