Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

2009 997 Carrera 4 and 4'S' gets its stripe back !

alan sweeney said:
Hmmm

So this cold mean that residuals on my 996 C4S with its exceptional nice looking rear with proper wide stripe :puh: will go up for desirability reasons :wink: :wink:

Alan

Lets hope so :D

I think the 996 C4S will always be desireable for a number of reasons only issue is that the depreciation will always be driven now by the price of the 997 C2S further compounded by when facelift 997's start hitting the second hand market.

I too like the facelifted 997 generally but I am also disapointed by the light strip, doesn't look right on the car. That would have been the key to making the 997 C4S a more desireable model than the C2S if it actually looked more pleasing save for a few mil accross the rear.

Maxie Islam said:
It could have been nicer, perhaps a tad thicker as on the old 996 C4S, instead of a thin red strip.
~ Maxie

That's what I thought - starting to look like a Cayman.

Maybe blend it in to the lights like this?

997Stripe.jpg

That looks quite cool Stats! Thought about about applying for a designer's job in Stuttgart!?

Still, the best application of the full width rear strip, was on the 993. IMO.

~ Maxie :)

Newbie here.

Hi All,

I've just checked the width of the current and new Gen II Carrera S, it's 1808mm and the 4S is 1858mm. Is the wider body just the raer wheel arches?

Thanks

Re: Newbie here.

dazzpowder said:
Hi All,

I've just checked the width of the current and new Gen II Carrera S, it's 1808mm and the 4S is 1858mm. Is the wider body just the raer wheel arches?

Thanks

yes

An increase of 50mm? On the Gen I, it was 44mm.

~ Maxie

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back