Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help! Looking for 997

rgeorge

Hi,
I'm new to this but looking for a 997. I think I have found one but had a few questions for the site.

(1) Does a 997 Carrera S 2006 / 56 come with Xenons as standard?

(2) Is it right that you have to fuel a 997 with super unleaded petrol?

(3) I think the answer is yes but can someone confirm its ok to add two small booster seats in the back for smaller children. Anyone know where is the best place to get them?

Any help with the above would be gratefully received.

(1) Does a 997 Carrera S 2006 / 56 come with Xenons as standard?

YES !!!

(2) Is it right that you have to fuel a 997 with super unleaded petrol?

No you can use std if you want but imagine the engine will retard back a few BHP as you do

(3) I think the answer is yes but can someone confirm its ok to add two small booster seats in the back for smaller children. Anyone know where is the best place to get them?

i used porsche seats - dont really fit perfectly as the car seat base is too narrow - child age 3 to about 7

see pics here (I took the base and backs off the car seats too get a little extra leg room for the kids but they can just as easily be used as is)

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/...child seats/?action=view&current=IMG_3575.jpg

Yes & Yes to the first two. I am pretty sure that you can either use a booster seat for small children depending on legal requirement or Porsche have some Junior seats.

It is a great car BTW!

The super unleaded bit is interesting. I was told by the dealer when I picked up my C4S that it would make no difference filling up on normal unleaded. Hate to think I was losing out on a few BHP!

Hi and welcome. I've only had my 997S for six months and still think it is the absolute "dogs"

The answers are:

1 Yes, zenons are standard on the S

2 Super unleaded is certainly recommended but I don't think it is mandatory. If you use standard unleaded though and as others have said you will notice a drop off in performance

3. Yes you can get booster seats and it's probably best to go to your OPC. They have some called Porsche Junior Seat ISOFIX, G1+G2 which are held in place by the rear seat belts, but god alone knows how much they cost.

Cheers

Clive

at last i found a few more 997 C2S people !

apart from everyone telling us how much we are losing on depreciation ! :roll: (how about house prices !)

they are great cars !

I am glad they havn't played around too much with the facelift model (looks wise).

Has anyone had the first service yet ??

This booster seat works perfectly in the back of a 997 (kiddicare).

Here's a picture of it in the back of my 996.

http://911uk.com/viewtopic.php?t=33377&start=0

Loads cheaper than the Porsche one, which is an OEM from one of the main babyseat manufacturers anyway. I believe BMW do exactly the same one, but it costs less.

Cheers,
GD

j8fbr said:
at last i found a few more 997 C2S people !

apart from everyone telling us how much we are losing on depreciation ! :roll: (how about house prices !)

they are great cars !

I am glad they havn't played around too much with the facelift model (looks wise).

Has anyone had the first service yet ??

Just had first MOT! It passed

They are great cars and having read some of the reviews of the FL car am not at all convinced about trading it in for a new one even though I normally change every 3 years. The huge gap in price just doesn't seem worth it so will probably hang on until next GT3 comes out.

child seats

I've spent the weekend trying to get the (un)helpful people of Mothercare to recommend a booster seat for the back of my very recently purchased 996 C4 - no joy.

I did see your post from January (GD). How do you find the kiddycare booster? I was a little concerned about the height of the belt, but you say that you slide it down the side of the seat - does that work ok?

Any help appreciated - my 3 1/2 year-old daughter keeps asking for a ride.

(Also I have a 15 month-old son, and I'm not sure where to start other than with the airbag disable kit from opc.)

kiddicare link doesn't seem to work any more - maybe is's a discontinued product..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back