Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

rear fog light

johnnycool

does the uk spec late 80's turbo have a rear fog light ? my us import doesn't appear to have one but i think it is a requirement for the mot .........

if the uk one normally has one where is it located ?

cheers

johnny :?:

Fog light is mandatory for UK cars, IIRC it's an MOT point but I know that US cars dont have rear fog lights. Wouldn't have been fitted on the US to UK conversion ?

checked with our mot guys here (n.ireland) it is mandatory :worship:

so it looks like it should be behind this rear reflector in two locations , my acr only has font fog lights and a single fog light switch in dash , although it does have the three wires coming from the last fuse whcih would suggest some of the wiring is there although i can't seen to trace it to the engine bay light connectors it appears to be disconnected somewhere to the rear cabling ! nightmare to find so i might just run a new cable up from the fusebox and fit some relfectors and bulbs where they are supposed to be ........ pain in the butt :x

never mind the indicators & sidelights im having real fun with those on a flatnose ! sidelights are orange and to the side but need to be clear and to the front for mot ! , plus need indicators that can be seen from side as there are no side repeaters :?:

got a plan to convert them over and put clear indicator lenses in the front and use them as sidelights .........

mot on saturday morning and i have a lot of wiring to do !

oh yeah and the hazard lights don't work , just disables the indicators !

:?

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back