Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Adaptive Seats

siy

Monza
I am awaiting delivery of a 55reg 997 C4S Cab. One of the specs is adaptive seats - does this mean it's the kind of seats that punch you in the kidneys when you are cornering hard, or does it just mean that you adjust the bolsters on the seta etc manually?

I ask because I thought it was the kind that operate when you are giving the car some stick, and they move as you corner to attempt to hold you in place - but on my test drive of the car, I didn't notice any affect.

Answers on a postcard...? :?

From the sales book:

This alternative seat option combines excellent comfort with first rate track performance. The comprehensive range of power adjustment controls includes fore/aft position, squab height, backrest angle and lumbar support. The side bolsters on backrest and squab are pneumatically adjustable for the perfect fit.

It then goes on about memory for a bit but doesn't mention anywhere that it adapts with driving style.

Note that on a standard 997 seat the angle of the backrest is adjustable by electronic switch as standard. Most believe that this option doesn't represent value for money from new but a bonus on second hand if you aren't paying a premium for it!

Thank you Jamie - much appreciated.

The car that I am buying has this option, so I guess I just take that as a bonus - not that it sounds like it is really that worthwhile.

Believe me, all the options you can get on these cars are worthwhile....! Adaptive seats? I'll have some of that if the sucker who bought it in the first place already paid for it!! Btw, I thought they did zap you in the kidneys when cornering hard but Jamie's the self-confessed expert on 997's here.

~ Maxie

I have adaptive seats on my car and would order them on the next without hesitation..
One of the better "drivers" options on the 997, side and lower arms are controllable. however they do not alter whilst driving.
A friend of mine who's now into AM still rates the adaptive as some of the best seats he's ever had in a car..

I don't think it was a lot of money for me to upgrade- so can't comment on the cost to a C4S :what:

As I say this is just my opinion on them.
If its already fitted to the car as is your case, its a bonus :thumbs:

garyw

Nice one Gary, are they a cheaper option on the Turbo?

PS - my old 56 plate BMW 318 diesel M Sport had adjustable/inflatable bolsters as standard if you can believe. They were very handy for driving around tesco car park at 15mph.

I spec'd them on mine, so does that make me a sucker :?: :shock: :shock: :shock: :floor:

Cant say I have done a comparison with the normal seats so cannot comment on a comparison, they do not punch you in the kidneys. :damn:

They're an £1800 option!!
adjust in every conceivable direction and are really comfortable,
But they do not adjust automatically whilst driving

If I could afford them I would have them for definite... Gives you the option of a nice flat(ish) seat that doesn't crease your suit too much for normal daily driving, but grips you in the seat for enthusiastic track or fast road fun!

It's like swapping between comfort seats and buckets without needing any tools!

And if you're getting them for free - what a result! :D

:oops: :cry: Ooops....sorry for notioning some people might have been suckers for ordering this option..... :oops: On second thoughts, they are actually quite nice :) and if you guys who already use them say so, then who am I to disagree?

~ Maxie <humblepiedoesnottastenice>

I have just checked the pre-facelift price list and the pricing is as follows:

Non turbo - £1,680.00
turbo - £674.00

Therefore I can see why it would be a no brainer on a turbo (like Gary's and Mark's) however think that on a non-turbo the money would be better spent elsewhere.

Damn.. I did get carried away on that options list :oops:

I agree with Jamie's comments, but you could say it depends on what you are buying the car for ?? driving wise those seats, short shift and chrono are big options.. but luxury wise -not quite so.

Had they been the £1680 though, I'm not sure I'd of done it...Well actually Yes, my wife loved them. We did test drive different cars/seats prior and she gave the thumbs up... and a comfortable wife is a quiet wife in the car :D so well worth it :angel:

garyw

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back