Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Drivers Republic review of the 997 facelift

Just wish they would stop making as many 997's as I have been close to buying one until I see the depreciation levels and glut of 997's for sale.

How does £26k sound on a 2.5 year old 997 2S sound sir?....err no thanks.

I think Porsche made something like 30-35 993's/production week vs approx 170 x 997's/week currently...says it all really.

No wonder 993's/other old 911 are in demand.

True, but with out all this volume Porsche wouldn't exist as it does today.

If it's 170 a week now, imagine what it'll be in 10 years time....? I can the see the next model ranges appear forth...wait for it, we'll have the Ford Mondeo/BMW 3 series Porsche Carella (or whatever they decide to call it) coming soon, but not before they have filled out a Merc E class/ BMW 5 series segment competitor too.....

~ Maxie :frustrated:

"wouldn't exist as it does today."

I assume you mean this is a good thing....I don't.

I doubt most 997 owners who bought new three years ago and now want to sell would agree that 911 production on this scale is good for Porsche ownership. 3-year residuals are nudging the 50% mark for std cars...almost unheard of for a 911.

Frankly I think the company has lost it's way in many areas...except for making lot's of money...which is all that appears to matter for now.

wizard993 said:
except for making lot's of money...which is all that appears to matter for now.

The cold hard reality of business in the 21st century...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back