Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo dms chip

997ttcab

Has anyone tried or had a DMS chip fitted to their 997 turbo and could tell me their thoughts as i am thinking about having it done to my car. I assume it invalidates the warranty - any views?

Simon

Re: 997 turbo chip

997ttcab said:
Has anyone tried or had a DMS chip fitted to their 997 turbo and could tell me their thoughts as i am thinking about having it done to my car. I assume it invalidates the warranty - any views?

Simon

Apparently DMS remaps are undetectable by the dealer. I had my C2S remapped some time ago and since having it done the car has been in for services etc with no word from the dealer.

DMS will remove the remap and replace it with your original mapping when ever you want for instance you have an engine warranty claim. They will then replace the mapping FOC.

You should get some decent BHP increases from the TT.

997ttcab said:

Simon

DMS, Revo are all established choices

There are a few others that should be avoided (watch out for glosy websites)

These chips are supposed to be undectable by OPC tools, so many have them

Rob at DMS has his own 997 Turbo car modified with the DMS Chip, and if you contact DMS and speak to Mike Cooper or Rob, they will reassure you re the effect and warranty.
Regards Big Bob

I've been thinking about this one for a couple of months now.

After reading the report in EV about the same, it certianly seems a good thing to do, especially if you want that little bit of extra BHP.

But given your car doesn't need servicing until 20k, I would of thought the waranty issue wolul only become apparent if you had a engine problem and had to take it in.

DMS advise that the presence of the mod does not leave a "fingerprint" on the ECU. So it cannot be seen during a full service etc. If during a service or other fault they have to re splash the ECU, it will wipe out your DMS upgrade. BUT DMS give you a 3 year warranty for this eventuality. So you can get it redone.
Hope that helps. Regards Big Bob :bye:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tobytobytoby
Back