Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Indy in Surrey

steverobb73

Trainee
looking at buying a C4S in the next week from an Indy in Surrey called Cridfords. Anyone have any history with them? Good or bad??

They assure me that tyey perform a fairly substantial pre sale inspection - should I still get it independantly inspected? Is a OPC best for this or a indy inspector?

Thanks in advance

Steve

Hi Steve
I have heard of Criffords but I do not know very much about them so I cannot say if they are good or bad. A good starting point would be for you to check the forum on Pistonheads. To answer your question re inspection of the car, I am in the same position as you are and in my case I will certainly ask for a 111 points inspection before buying the car even if at the end of the process I would not buy the Porsche warranty and take the risk with the indie warranty.

I bought a 996 Targa from Cridfords and they were good people to do business with. As for an inspection, try phoning GT One in Chertsey they are very close to Junction 11 on the M25, in the same way that Cridfords are very close to junction 10. You will need to get the car to them but if Cridfords are interested in your money, I'm sure they'll oblige.

I agree with Seagull. If i ever bought another 911 in this area I would ask GT-One to give it the all clear first.

Got to say that these guys at Cridfords were a joy to deal with from start to finish! Can't praise them enough.

They turned up at their premises an hour earlier than normal to meet me, nthing ws too much trouble for them. They rectified everything that Porsche advised and got the ar re-inspected by Porsche so that I could get my OPC warranty. The took time to explain all the controls in the car with me. They even gave me 12 months road tax instead of the 6 months we had negotiated and made sure that there was fuel in the car.

They have quite a small showroom and its a little hidden away, but if you find it they have a great selection of 911's and boxster's. Nothing else!! And are very keenly priced. My 04 53 plate C4s with 36k was screened at £37,995 and they beat the best tade in value for my A3 that I got offered by ANYONE by £1000.

Steve

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Timjar
Back