Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Insurance - help needed for name of immoboliser and tracker

Tigster

Hope you can help - My Insurance company are telling me they need the name of the tracker and immoboliser on my 2006 Carerra S Coupe. I have a Tracker Horizon which I have told them (and they don't seem to have on their list!!!) I was also told by the OPC that my model comes with a Thatcham Alarm and the approval number for the 997 (all models) is TC2 - 1323/0904 (there is also a sheet which shows the TC2 type alarms have an approval no. of 1112/0899 if that is relevant).

Still with this info my Insurance company are struggling to get it through their system - which means they cannot renew my policy when it comes due in mid May. I am starting to panic a little as I had a fault claim last year and really wanted to stay with More Than as it is proving difficult to get quotes elsewhere with the claim there as I don't have values etc required for other companies to quote. It is becoming a nightmare!

Can anyone help tell me what my Insurance company might be able to use on their system to match up my tracker and alarm/immoboliser?

I would be VERY grateful if you could help!

Thanks 911UK and ResB - all sorted now - they eventually found the alarm code (I think the word Thatcham helped!) and the tracker was a little harder as he had names like RAC Tracker, Trackstar, Navtrack etc but he eventually ok'd it. I was getting a bit worried but didn't want to change Insurance from More Than as I did have that fault accident in my old car last year and they were really good handling all that for me with very little fuss.
Really appreciate your help!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mkrt1972
Back