Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

track day clothing ? accessories ??

agree with all the clothing comments.

My 2 pieces of trackday virgin advice are always

1) bleed air out of tyres after first session to maintain correct pressures

2) don't forget a cooling down lap, this will preserve the longevity of brakes, but keep the speed up, think of all that cool air pouring over the discs at 70mph

Snett is an often overlooked track. I think it's great, love the bombhole through Coram.

You'll have a blast and become addicted

Michael

tbrown said:
Don't forget that your trousers should be loose, comfortable and brown :whistle:

Have a great time

TB

ahahhahahaha :floor: I think I have the whole office looking at me. Thank you for the tip :thumb:

As Snetterton is a right handed circuit, the pressures in the left hand tyres will increase more than the right ones because they are loaded more of the time so you will probably need to let more air out of them.

2 other things to remember - when you park after being on track, put the car in gear and do NOT put the hand brake on. This would cause a massive heat build up in the contact area and could ruin your discs & pads. The other one is to put right any changes you make on the car before you go home, especially the tyre pressures. I always try to let the tyres cool down before I go home.

try a motorbike shop; i use hein-greike (or similar spelling) in leicester, but they are a european wide company, so im sure there will be one near you.. they're very helpful and have a wide range of helmets..

open face/close face is a personal preference thing; for me I prefer having an open face helmet in a closed car for better visibility and less weight, but try both.. either way it will be a strange sensation initially as its a lot quieter in the helmet!.. Might also be worth getting a balaclava so your ears don't get worn off, although again its a bit of a personal preference!

ben

ps.. a good comprimise might be to borrow a helmet for the time being but buy a balaclava..

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back