Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Creaking suspension

markf

Have just (Feb) bought my first 911 (12 month old C4S), having had too many XKR's. Really enjoying it in a way I didn't realise I would. I now understand why these cars get under your skin so much. I am however getting a problem with my suspension creaking which comes and goes (oddly enough never there when it goes to the garage to be checked!). Anyone any ideas that could help, or anyone else had this problem. Thanks

If you had a 996 I'd say it was the lower control arms, a known issue where the lower ball joint dries out and creaks, usually when the car is warm.

but a 997? not heard of it on those.

Thanks for your reply Senoj. Trust me to get the only one that does. I have heard that the 911 always runs better with a full tank (weight), is there any truth in this?

not really noticed that on mine, but I can't keep the tank full for long enough!

at 12 months old you could probaly get your creaking sorted under warranty. I didn't with mine but it's a few years older.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JLav211
Back