Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Goes stiff when hot!

daogle

I'm hoping someone may be able to help.

I currently drive a 2004 997 tips and have started to notice a problem with the gear shift. After a spot of spirited driving or longer motorway driving it becomes difficult to move the gear selector from drive to reverse or any other of the possible selections. Also when the selection is made it doesn't feel as precise as when cold.

I'm guessing this is a heat issue and something in the gear selection is expanding but don't think it is likely to be normal .

I'd be grateful for any thoughts

I'd of thought an issue with the cables would be to blame...

garyw

daogle said:
I'm hoping someone may be able to help.

I currently drive a 2004 997 tips and have started to notice a problem with the gear shift. After a spot of spirited driving or longer motorway driving it becomes difficult to move the gear selector from drive to reverse or any other of the possible selections. Also when the selection is made it doesn't feel as precise as when cold.

I'm guessing this is a heat issue and something in the gear selection is expanding but don't think it is likely to be normal .

I'd be grateful for any thoughts

Clutch plate. I had the same problem. It got so bad literally within a few minutes (I ignored it for a few days) that I could not get the car into gear unless I turned the engine off and started it in gear. It was a 997 C4 Cab.

but it's a tiptronic?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GT3161
Back