Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bulb fail indicator

Bits G

Hi Guys
I hope someone can help, I took delivery of my 997 TT in December. A couple of weeks later, one of the rear bulbs blew. There was no indication on the car's computer, no warning, nothing. I took it back to the dearlership, spoke to the service team leader. This chap had no idea whatsoever!! They changed it free of charge under warranty. I then seeked further clarification as to what warnings you get if there is a problem with the lights. I was told that all three bulbs need to fail before you get an indication on screen. Is this correct?
thank you
Bits

I had a similar problem on my 997TT, but with the rear fog lights, I got the message and checked both sides were blown or so i thought. I went to my local OPC and couldn't wait for them to change the bulbs. They gave mr two FOC. I changed both sides, but only the offside is working, do both sides have a rear fog light or is it just the offside?

Just a Porsche querk that they fit two bulbs with only the offside working for left hand drive and the opposite side for european cousins. :)

I replaced my front sidelights with LEDs to match the HIDs, this however has brought on the warnings, both "check N/S sidelight" and c"heck O/S sidelight"..

OPC doesn't know how to disable it.. hopefully when the facelift is here with its LEDs they may be ale to sort it out for me..

garyw

there should be, worth checking the manual to see if there is a reference to it

Checked in the manual, does not mention anything about when the indicator will show bulb failure or how many need to go before it warns, odd!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
StephCafe
Back