Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Porsche warranty and aftermarket exhausts

W5PWR

Does anyone have any experience with Porsche warranty and aftermarket exhausts? I have a 997TT and fancy installing a europipe exhaust, but I also want to maintain Porsche warranty?

I expect typical warranty issues will apply. Obviously your exhaust won't be warranted. If you take it to Porsche for a problem and Porsche determine the problem is caused by the exhaust you can be expected to pay for the time to diagnose.

This was a recent issue for someone overseas with Cargraphic parts on their car. Porsche wore a lot of the costs lucky for him, but he did end up quite out of pocket still.....

An extract from an official Porsche letter...

"You ask for clarification of what a modification to the vehicle in a manner not approved by the manufacturer would be. This would be any aftermarket product fitted to your vehicle that has not been approved by Porsche. This would include non approved after market mufflers and Bilstein shock absorbers you mention

However, these modifications would not invalidate the entire warranty on the car. They would only potentially invalidate the warranty if they were found to be the direct cause of any failure. For example, had you replaced the exhaust system on your Porsche and the engine failed and the failure was found to be as a direct result of the non approved exhaust system, this would invalidate any claim made against the warranty policy."

PolarExpress said:
The Porsche warranty doesn't include the exhaust system anyway to begin with.

Well within reason. While such things come under the "Normal wear and tear" items I don't think if your muffler dropped a baffle after a 1000 miles they are going to make you buy a new one at your expense.

Jeff said:
PolarExpress said:
The Porsche warranty doesn't include the exhaust system anyway to begin with.

Well within reason. While such things come under the "Normal wear and tear" items I don't think if your muffler dropped a baffle after a 1000 miles they are going to make you buy a new one at your expense.

It's not an issue of normal wear and tear: the warranty is explicit in not covering the exhaust system. If Porsche fixed something gratis outside of the warranty, it's a measure of their goodwill with the customer and not a function of the warranty.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back