Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

295 vs. 305

karmafood

My 997 S is currently fitted with 295 rear tyres but more and more often I happen to see 997 S fitted with 305 rear tyres (and I am not talking Powerkit 997 S) which I believe are standard on 997 C4 or C4S.

I am now in the process of replacing the tyres and was wondering whether switching to 305 would be appropriate/advisable. Can someone shed some light ?

Are you in need of the extra grip? I can't think how it might make much of a difference unless you are driving on the limit.

~ Maxie

karmafood said:
My 997 S is currently fitted with 295 rear tyres but more and more often I happen to see 997 S fitted with 305 rear tyres (and I am not talking Powerkit 997 S) which I believe are standard on 997 C4 or C4S.

I am now in the process of replacing the tyres and was wondering whether switching to 305 would be appropriate/advisable. Can someone shed some light ?

C2S = 295
C4S = 305

Thanks all for the replies and no, I do not particularly need extra grip (except for track days in China twice a year, can barely get it to third gear in HK...) but I was just wondering as I've seen quite a few around and heard conflicting opinions. The local OPC advised against, saying that it would compromise the handling (= increase understeer ?), others saying exactly the contrary (i.e. better handling, regardless of speed)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back