Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

C4 ABS Unit knackered!

Scamper

Hi all,

Just got a call from the garage and they have advised that (after trying everything else) my ABS/PDAS fault is most likely due to the ABS control unit being knackered.

As these units are like rocking horse poo or hens teeth to source used, does anyone know of a company (in the UK) that can repair the units?? its most probably a dry joint or a resistor has died so I would rather repair than buy new - £2k

thanks
Ade :cry:

scamper,

I had exactly the same problem with my BMW 3 series. the new ABS pump wouldl have cost about a thousand quid (part alone). Luckily my mechanic knew exactly what was wrong and did the whole thing for about 60 quid to fix.

The alternative of a new or second hand pump was still a big cost whatever way you looked at it.

Try the repair first !

Jlee

scamper,

forgot to mention that it was as dry joint in the ABS pump that stopped mine working in the BMW.

got a few opinions and most said new pump or second hand (my usual mechanic was not avail at the time)

Good luck with the repair of it and hope it is simple as a dry joint.

Thanks guys, I have a few quotes from a couple of companies who can repair/refurb the unit - £150 to £250 are the figures at the moment.

As soon as I know for sure I will get the unit fixed and let you know how it went...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
biel
Back