Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

brake pads - original vs non original

jlee

Monza
Need rear pads done and mechanic does not have porsche ones in stock now and i need them ASAP.

He said they have had problems in the past with noise from non porsche pads and if i was okay wtih other brand.

No problem to me.

Questions is:

1. how much are non porsche pads in UK
2. what brands are good that you folks have had experience with

NB.

Have used green stuff EBC pads in the past on other cars but find them too harsh on the discs and ideally are brilliant if you match to EBC disc and pad combo but not pads alone.

There is not much choice in the UK for the small pads on the rear calipers of the early 964 tiptronics and C2s. We either have to get OEM or textar. The textar are less than £40 a set and work as good as OEM. This probably because textar supply many pads to Porsche who then put them in a nice Porsche box and double the price :p .

All this presumes that you have a pre 92 car that has the small calipers on the back that look like these:

PA271045.jpg

cheers boxsey. looks like the pic. thanks for the words of wisdom.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mwarren1
Back