Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Need Tyre Advice

gbill

Looking for some advice on replacement tyres (Front: 235/35-19 / Rear: 295/30-19) for my 997 C2S Cabrio.

Currently running on Continental ContiSportContact 2. I drive the car quite enthusiastically.

Would appreciate any views on other makes such as the new.... Continental ContiSportContact 3, Michelin Pilot Sport 2, Pirelli PZero Rosso & Bridgestone Potenza RE050A.

Thanks & awaiting for your advices. :)

Out of your list, I have only tried the PZero Rosso and PS2s.

The RE050As are popular with the Germans for wet days at the 'Ring and Bridgestone tyres are pretty good. I used to run the S-02 and S-02As, and I found these to be excellent tyres in their day (although I think they have been since superceded).

The Contis frequently attract mixed reviews, although I recently had CS3s fitted to the family car and they perform very well. No comparison for a 911 though.

I've run PZero Rossos on the 911, and I would avoid them like the plague. The tyre is optimised for comfort, and the Rossos do not respond well when pushed hard.

The PS2s are my favourite road tyre of choice in 235/295 sizes. They are superb tyres that also hold up very well on track for several laps when pushed to the absolute maximum. If I ran 2 sets of wheels, I would have PS2s as my everyday tyre plus as a rain/wet tyre on track. Quiet, very grippy, progressive at breakaway, and the carcass construction stiffness/responsiveness seems well matched to the 911 dynamics.

Oh, and welcome to 911uk! :D

You're welcome! :D There are others here who might have better experience with the CS3 or RE050A on the 911...

If you have any questions or just want to share your car experiences, this community is a great place to be. Enjoy! :)

I've had both P Zero Rosso and Michelin PS2's on my 997S and as Ade says the Michelins are without doubt the ones to go for - far superior in terms of grip and feel. They are very confidence inspiring.

PolarExpress said:
Sundeep said:
whatever you choose they must be Porsche N rated per http://911uk.com/template.php?page=4

and they will all work fine

as I dont think the Bridgestone RE tyres are ?

Tyres don't have to be N-rated at all.

Bridgestone S-O2As are N-rated.

They dont have to be, but it is recommended.

Says a man running Toyo R888 track day tyres which aint N rated.

Just don't mention the Insurance issues that could arise from using non N tyres.
Tyres not specified by the manufacturer.... :?

I'm on Bridgestones and I'm pretty happy with them, I had Conti's on a previous car and loved them, however they never lasted that well... :(

garyw

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back