Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Big Service...

matt_964

Barcelona
OK - so my cars history is sketchy - which is fine by me. I wanted a "fixxer upper"...

suspension is all good - i'm rebushing the front, new balljoints, track rod ends and gaitors before a full geo at CG.

brakes are fine - new big reds up front - i'll refurb rears and see how it balances....

i'm looking at service items next...

i have a new panel filter for it, so what else should i look at.

plugs
leads (how much!!)
oil \ filter
box oil

bearing in mind, unless i win the lottery, i will be keeping this car for a very long time...

i've done the belts already...

"box oil" already on the list :wink:

tappets - good point.... i'll do that too, so a couple of new gaskets there then.

yes i'll do it all myself!

I know the leads are v v v expensive, but then again, there are twelve!

dizzy caps? rotor arms?

Well you might aswell do the caps and arms while you're at it. I've just checked the prices of the leads at Design911 and you'll save at least £20 on those alone by shopping there.

aye - i'd definately shop around. In two minds whether to leave the leads until i need them - or do them regardless. its nearly my Geo money!

i'll have to take a look at them i guess!

I've asked Magnecore for a price, just for a laff :lol:

demonfish said:
I've asked Magnecore for a price, just for a laff :lol:

Be careful with Magnecor because I don't think they include all the grommets that you need for a road car. They have suggested in the past that their product is only suited to race applications where the heat shields are removed.

Regards

Dave

it really if just for a price... i'm expecting around £450...

i wonder if they do pink......

if a product is listed on a website for a price, and i buy it online, and they have the price wrong, where do i stand?

I have found a set of leads for £135 inc vat....

now, there are a "performance" lol set, so are they really sh*t or just wrong in price? they are priced the same as a 6 piece set...

the "better" (read: prettier) in the range are £235 as a comparison...

so for a full major service with all the above and fluids, what are we talking at an indy. parts and labour ?

jlee said:
so for a full major service with all the above and fluids, what are we talking at an indy. parts and labour ?

Just had mine done and it came to £675.12 This included about £50 for the gearbox oil change which is not a normal requirement of a 12K service (but mine was due and is all the better for it :D ).

fair comment. mind you i think that most dealers have no real knowledge base of old and new cars nowadays. LOL.

I had my mistubishi jeep serviced by the main dealer and it came back overfilled with oil (about an inch and a half on the dipstick) and recomendations such as advise to clean throttle bodies, replace this and that , check diff oil etc etc on the invoice.

When i got the car back, gave them a real bollocking as i paid for a full service that had all these items CLEARLY LISTED IN THE SCOPE OF WORKS THEY WERE MEANT TO DO ON THE FULL SERVICE.

needless to say, never went back as car was just getting out the warranty period anyway. NOBS

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back