Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

PCM Software - Should it have TCM?

mike.bradshaw

I bought a 997 that was first registered in Nov 2004. The PCM manual inidicates that the unit should have TCM for the navigation, but it doesn't.

I have asked the OPC where I bought the car to update the software on the head unit (not the maps - although I think they should do that too :) ). They tell me that TCM was only introduced on the 2007 model year cars, which I think is BS - otherwise why would the manual in a 2004 car inidicate it should be available.

My car is in a the OPC tomorrow (20th Dec) and I would like to go in armed with a response that 'others' have either got the TCM update or an OPC has updated the headunit software at no cost.

Can anyone help?

Thanks Mike

The early 997 did not have TCM enabled in the UK, you should find it works fine in Europe (as did the 996)

It is an upgrade issue of which Porsche forced owners to buy... upgrading the maps and software will sort the problem out for you..

Sadly you would of been in a better position at the time as you actually purchased the car..
If you bought it from an OPC then I agree it should have the latest software and maps installed.

New maps are about to be launched... at a not so inviting cost..

garyw

I had this problem a few months back.

I now have a copy of the software upgrade for the head unit (CD based) and updated Navigation disks (DVD based)

Drop me an email and I'll send you a copy

I'm a newby to this site and trying to research a few issues that I have with the 04 C4S i've just bought.....

I asked the OPC where I got the car from if I could upgrade for the traffic and was told that it was not possible or does this just apply to the 997 model??

Is the 997 system DVD based or CD-rom based?

My old 3 series, CD based, had TMC showing, but crossed out. I bought a new nav disc which had the TMC codes on, and hey presto, it worked. Don't see why you'd need a firmware upgrade as well as a new nav disc from Porsche.

DVD based and 997/KN only as far as I'm aware.

Even the TMC in the 996(04) works in Europe..

garyw

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lb456
Back