Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Spoiler light

dick jones

Monza
I have a bit of a problem as in the spoiler light on the instrument panel stays illuminated if the spoiler is up or down, stays on continuousley, is this a short / bad earth connection or is there a relay switch somewhere that may need replacing.
Any help appreciated.

Yes there are microswitches on the mechanism to detect if it has gone up. You'll need to remove the cover on the mech on the left side under the boot lid. Put a towel underneath first to catch anything that might drop out.

However, first check that it is actually going up. When my spoiler light came on, it was because the spoiler wasn't going up when it should have been. This was accompanied by the big exclamation mark warning light coming on. I later found that the drive gear had dropped off (the securing bolts are prone to coming loose).

If you're spoiler is working normally it could be problems with the clock itself - they are well known for dry joints that need re-soldering.

Boxsey said:
Yes there are microswitches on the mechanism to detect if it has gone up. You'll need to remove the cover on the mech on the left side under the boot lid. Put a towel underneath first to catch anything that might drop out.

However, first check that it is actually going up. When my spoiler light came on, it was because the spoiler wasn't going up when it should have been. This was accompanied by the big exclamation mark warning light coming on. I later found that the drive gear had dropped off (the securing bolts are prone to coming loose).

If you're spoiler is working normally it could be problems with the clock itself - they are well known for dry joints that need re-soldering.

Yes the spoiler works fine I'll go down the route of the dry joint, cheers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
emb01
Back