Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Elite Detailing a Enzo Ferrari Ltd Edition (Pictures Page 5)

Hmm - could be - wasn't it his Enzo on Top Gear that time?

HML1473 said:
G, You've missed a bit mate!!......... :lol:

Looking good, I take it we'll see the finished article soon?.... 8)

Yes, I will upload some pictures soon. :D

Bubbles said:
Coming along well, nice masking by the way.
You mentioned that there are some other nice pieces in the collection - please give details - must be interesting

A couple more threads will be added...all in good time my friend. You should like the cars, as one of them is mega exclusive. :p

Seagull said:
Is it a Punto GTi?

Get it right, its a Sporting! :D
[/quote]

alan sweeney said:
Hi G,

WHO would have such a vehical?? A very nice machine indeed. Looking good. Still red a is biatch of a colour to keep mint no matter what car it is. It could easily go pink.

Alan

I'm afraid I can't disclose who this vehicle belongs to. It should look mint from now on as it will be Royaled every 4-6 wks. :p

clipstone said:
My guess - JK from Jamiroquai

JK's is black matey plus this one is even rarer. :D

Judging from your gallery he also has a Veyron, so obviously he is not short of a few quid!!

Elite Detailing said:
A couple more threads will be added...all in good time my friend. You should like the cars, as one of them is mega exclusive. :p

A 250 GTO? Do you want someone to hold your bucket?

Seagull said:
Elite Detailing said:

You can clean the wheels if you like, as my back aches? :lol:

Elite Detailing said:
Seagull said:
Elite Detailing said:

You can clean the wheels if you like, as my back aches? :lol:

If I was allowed to sit in the car, I'd clean the wheels with my tongue :lol: Is drool any good as a cleaner?

Enzo, 250GTO and a Veyron - gotta be Nic Mason.
Has he asked you to give his helicopter a bit of Spit & Polish as well?

Has Chris says now that G's doing these cars will he have time for us poorer foke in our 911's :wink:

vin_r1 said:
Has Chris says now that G's doing these cars will he have time for us poorer foke in our 911's :wink:

You know me, I will always love Porsche and one day hopefully own one. 8)

Has to be Nick Mason, the guy keeps Ferrari in business! Still at least he can knock out a good tune. :lol:

Sorry for the delay with this thread. Here are the before pictures showing what the Enzo paint is not supposed to look like.. I will post the rest later today after finishing a Maybach.

IMG_5982.jpg

IMG_5957.jpg

IMG_5967.jpg

IMG_5969-1.jpg

IMG_5970.jpg

IMG_5958.jpg

IMG_5960.jpg

A lot lot more to come later today!

Engine

IMG_5957.jpg

Above is a before picture of the V12 transplant, pushing over 660BHP from the 6 litre engine and is probably the most desirable privately owned Enzo in the world. This Enzo's engine hasn't ever been cleaned before. This was back breaking work and took me over 5 hours to get the engine up to my standard. It was thoroughly cleaned, including all pipes, clips, and any other accessible components. All rubbers and plastic were then sealed and protected.

An image of myself during the cleaning process:

IMG_5963.jpg

After the full cleansing process:

IMG_5964.jpg

Wheels, Brakes & Arches

The Enzo runs 19 inch wheels as standard and they are wrapped in Bridgestone rubber. The brakes are 6 pot Brembo's with carbon ceramic discs.

The arches were thoroughly scrubbed by me and my skinny arms assisted me well.

IMG_5977.jpg

I use a specific bucket solely for the wheels and arches alone.

IMG_5979.jpg

The wheels and Brembo callipers were cleaned with a safe wheel gel cleaner in conjunction with a tar remover.

IMG_5976.jpg

IMG_5971.jpg

IMG_5976.jpg

EDP Car Wash

The car was washed with Zaino Z-7. In my opinion one of the best shampoos and I will be selling this product shortly. A genuine lambs wool wash mitt is also used.

As you can see, two buckets were used as well as both buckets containing Grit Guards at the bottom. I also stock these buckets and will be available for purchase shortly.

IMG_5993.jpg

The Enzo was also foamed using a foam gun. This aids the wash process and is a brilliant tool. These will also be available from my self in the next week or so. The car is left to soak with the foam mix, and then rinsed off.

IMG_5989.jpg

After this the car is re-foamed before the standard EDP wash technique.

IMG_5995.jpg

Once given the final rinse, the car is pat dried using microfibre drying towels. Again, these are available from my self.

IMG_5997.jpg

Above you may have noticed I mentioned using two buckets. An image below illustrates why using two buckets is important when washing your 911. One bucket is used to rinse the lambs wool wash mitt out; where as the other bucket is used to re-shampoo the mitt. In this process, you are minimising the chances of scratching your pride and joy.

The dirty watered bucket is the rinse bucket. I emptied out most of the water in the buckets to help show this.

IMG_5999.jpg

Claying:

Once the Enzo had been dried, I brought the car in. The car bodywork and windows were then. I used a Sonus clay bar on this occasion along with my own formulated lubricant.

IMG_6002.jpg

After the claying session, the car's paint was thoroughly inspected. Just because this vehicle is worth a seven figure sum does not mean the paint is perfect, in fact it's nothing like it should be.

IMG_6006.jpg

Masking:

After the paint inspection, the vehicle was then masked up using a specific low strength adhesive tape.

IMG_6007.jpg

These types of cars always take longer to mask up properly. All intakes were also carefully covered.

IMG_6012-1.jpg

IMG_6008.jpg

After all the masking has been completed, it's time to start the paint correction process.

Paint Correction:

Below are some pictures showing the various scratches in the paintwork.

IMG_6120.jpg

IMG_6062.jpg

IMG_6068.jpg

IMG_6064.jpg

IMG_6101.jpg

IMG_6068-1.jpg

IMG_6062-1.jpg

IMG_6052.jpg

IMG_6032.jpg

IMG_6026.jpg

IMG_6117.jpg

During the Paint Correction process:

Paint readings downloaded and evaluated:

IMG_6156.jpg

IMG_6043.jpg

IMG_6035.jpg

IMG_6038.jpg

IMG_6034.jpg

IMG_6128.jpg

IMG_6129.jpg

IMG_6131.jpg

IMG_6138.jpg

IMG_6139.jpg

IMG_6140.jpg

IMG_6144.jpg

IMG_6146.jpg

IMG_6147.jpg

IMG_6148.jpg

IMG_6149.jpg

IMG_6150.jpg

IMG_6152.jpg

IMG_6154.jpg

IMG_6155-1.jpg

IMG_6106-1.jpg

No more scratches and blemish free. Paintwork is now crystal clear:

IMG_6298.jpg

IMG_6282.jpg

IMG_6297.jpg

IMG_6262.jpg

IMG_6260.jpg

IMG_6228-1.jpg

Wet Sanding:

On one certain section of the Enzo, there was a deep scratch in the paintwork. On this section, I had to sand the paintwork down to remove the defect.

It is imperative to take great care in this process. If I sand too deep, the whole panel will then need to be repainted.

IMG_6090.jpg

You can see the scratch still present through the sanding marks here:

IMG_6091.jpg

After some further sanding, the scratch has disappeared:

IMG_6092.jpg

IMG_6097.jpg

IMG_6098.jpg

Paintwork Correction Completed:

IMG_6159.jpg

EDP Wash No. 2:

After all the paintwork correction, the vehicle was then brought back outside and washed again. The masking tape is also removed at this point.

IMG_6165.jpg

Pre-Wax Cleanse:

The Enzo is now ready for the Zymol HD-Cleanse.

IMG_6167.jpg

Zymol Royale Treatment:

After the HD-Cleanse application, the Enzo was ready for the £7k wax. I coated the Enzo with Zymol Royale.

IMG_6170.jpg

IMG_6169.jpg

The wheels and brakes were also Royale'd:

IMG_6175.jpg

Once the wax had been left to cure, it was then buffed off by my self. All the trim and tyres were also treated.

Completed Ferrari Enzo Paint Correction and Royale Detail:

Below are the finished vehicle pictures.

IMG_6182.jpg

IMG_6180.jpg

IMG_6196.jpg

IMG_6189.jpg

IMG_6268.jpg

IMG_6274.jpg

IMG_6237.jpg

IMG_6286.jpg

IMG_6265.jpg

IMG_6228.jpg

IMG_6230.jpg

IMG_6237.jpg

IMG_6291.jpg

IMG_6223.jpg

IMG_6214.jpg

IMG_6197.jpg

IMG_6195.jpg

IMG_6317.jpg

IMG_6310.jpg

IMG_6225.jpg

IMG_6189.jpg

IMG_6199.jpg

Thank you for looking and my apologies for taking so long to write up this thread.

Regards
G

p.s There will be more Hyper car threads, I just need to find time to upload images etc!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kjcsr911
Back