Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Sorting out the Interior

matt_964

Barcelona
Hi - got a couple of questions, i cant decide what to do with my interior.

As much as i'd love the completely stripped out look - its taking an absolute age to remove this glue. I'm tempted to buy the appbiz RS carpet set, and fit it. This means however that my grey headlining needs to be black.

So - the headlining - what is it made from, and is it dye-able?

I'm going to have to trim the new carpet set around the roll cage - not that difficult to do really, but IIRC my carpet side trims etc are grey, so again i need black ones...

I need to retrim \ remake the doorcards anyway, so they arent an issue, same with the grey parts of the dashboard, i'll get it all retrimmed in alcantara..

Anything else i havent thought of?

that is quite a big change ?

to switch it all to black (any pink inserts ?)

how bad is the glue

well old carpet has seen better days, and wont ever go back in, i know this as i chucked it :D

the glue is a nightmare, 4 hours to clear parcel shelf \ seat back area... i'd estimate 3 solid days to do the rest.

i'll be buying new carpets if i choose that route, at moment headlining is still fitted, so i either stick with glue removal, and take out headlining, or get black carpets, black headlining, and do that instead.

Either way, dashboard, recaro profi seat centres and door cards will be trimmed in black alcantara. dash\door cards MAY have pink stitching, but probably not, as i'm stuck if i ever change the wheel colour...

i've tried nitromors, isopropyl alcohol, thinners, glue remover, very stiff wire brush - nothing will shift it.

demonfish said:
i've tried nitromors, isopropyl alcohol, thinners, glue remover, very stiff wire brush - nothing will shift it.

No nothing but hard graft. It's possibly the most soul destroying job you can do on a modern Porsche.

Ian.

do you think blasting would shift it? i could get a small blast gun and a suitable media?

Sorry don't know. It's very rubbery for that would be my concern.

well its definately a cheaper way - looking at $400 for Rs carpet set, £150 for a new black headlining, i'd need to get more stuff trimmed than just the basics...

maybe i should just stick with the glue removal, and paint all the inside fresh and super glossy...

Blimey are you still at it, thought you had finished this week ago? :?

Have you thought about employing some Polish types? :lol:

Note to self: don't try stripping out the interior :p

i havent even driven the car for 4 weeks - so busy with work!

as long as its done for the new year - i dont mind...

i've been trying to sort the brakes out to be honest - as it is i can drive it with the inside a state -but the brakes are shot and need sorting soon!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back