Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 Cup 2 alloys on 964 ??

pirellipete

Barcelona
I bet someone knows this !!

I'm looking for new wheels, and have been talking to forum member,
he has standard 993 Cup 2 Alloys,

my 964 has standard Cup 1 alloys,

Will his Cup 2 rears take a 255 wide tyre please,

cheers

Pete,

I'm afraid you're going to have to be a lot more specific than using the word "standard" Cup 2 wheels were available in a range of widths and offsets so getting the combination right may not be so simple.

To fit a 255 tyre - assuming you mean a 255/40x17 - will require a wheel of between 8.5J and 10J and I'm pretty sure most of the Cup 2 rears are 9J. However, some of them have an ET of 70mm - way too much for the 964 - and you'll need some spacers of the order of 20-25mm. You need to be aiming for an ET of around 47mm ideally.

Hope that helps.

Regards

Dave

thanks Dave,

will get a get a bit more info and see whats what,
thanks for the quick reply

Pete, the offsets and size will be stamped on the rim next to the tyre valve on original Porsche wheels. If they're copies than the information will be stamped on the inside of the wheel (so you'll need to take them off to see what they are).

Personally, like many, I think the Cup 1 suits the 964 better than the Cup 2 and most other wheels.

Pete

My car has cup2's on.

17x7 + 17x9 55mm offset on both.

15mm spacers on the rear just to fill the arches a bit.

Rob

can't comment on the sizes but I think Cup 2's are great looking wheels and 'light' as well !

Thanks guys,

I'm switching between here and 'Parts for sale and wanted' to get all the info

But it seems that as long as they are 'standard' 993 wheels I should be ok,

Just got to haggle the price now, does anyone have any dirt on ChrisW I can use to drive the price down??

cheers

pirellipete said:
Thanks guys,

I'm switching between here and 'Parts for sale and wanted' to get all the info

But it seems that as long as they are 'standard' 993 wheels I should be ok,

Just got to haggle the price now, does anyone have any dirt on ChrisW I can use to drive the price down??

cheers

Nope! And as aboove Admin has just informed me they are light, I didnt realise, so price just went up! lol

Boxsey said:
I'll looking for a set to stick track tyres on for next year. Shall we start a bidding war? :lol:

1st one to find a pic of a 964 with cup 2 alloys gets the 1st bid in !

I win !

:D

Attachments

• cupii_alloys_847.jpg
    cupii_alloys_847.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 5,091
Yes! I'll start the bidding war...£2000

Wheels are 7" front with ET55 offset rears are 9" with ET55 offset. Tread on Conti Sport Contact 2's estimate around 3mm from the wear indicators so about 5mm overall. Will post some pics.

My wheels now SOLD to pirellipete.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gpc
Back