Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

964 heater problem

titterton

Hi everyone
just got my 1st 964 yeasterday. Love it so far apart from there seems to be a lot of heat generated under the dash somewere, it makes no difference what the heater positions are in. Wasnt much fun stuck on the m25 in traffic

You should try an RS without all of the insulation. It's the first car I have owned where you drive on motorways with the window down.

titterton said:
Hi everyone
just got my 1st 964 yeasterday. Love it so far apart from there seems to be a lot of heat generated under the dash somewere, it makes no difference what the heater positions are in. Wasnt much fun stuck on the m25 in traffic

It's a common problem on the 964. There are corrugated tubes in the outside of the footwells which carry the heat from the sills up to the mixing chambers on both sides. The tubes disintegrate over time and let the heat out behind the trim, up underneath the dash and from there to fry your legs. The tubes are less than £10 each but a real PITA to fit.

Askme how I know!!!

Regards

Dave

Dave Wilkinson said:
titterton said:
Hi everyone

It's a common problem on the 964. There are corrugated tubes in the outside of the footwells which carry the heat from the sills up to the mixing chambers on both sides. The tubes disintegrate over time and let the heat out behind the trim, up underneath the dash and from there to fry your legs. The tubes are less than £10 each but a real PITA to fit.

Askme how I know!!!

Regards

Dave

How do you know Dave? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dave Wilkinson said:
titterton said:
Hi everyone

Askme how I know!!!

Regards

Dave

The mixers are the problem, which also effects 993. The tube issue was far worse on the 964 generation, so a known solution if not a easy fix.

Question, do you have a flow of cold air from anywhere?

Seagull said:
You should try an RS without all of the insulation. It's the first car I have owned where you drive on motorways with the window down.

you should try no insulation and no carpet...

my camera was in the footwell on the way to germany, it now doesnt work :(

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back