Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Help please!, electrical fault.

thats the way im swaying now, more probbable a loose connection due to it being totally random, is it true that a dead alternator can draw power? if this is true i think i may be convinced enough to remove the alternator or test connections.
P.S. car is a 1990 Italian import C2 coupe

Finally sorted now fingers crossed!!!!! turned out the battery had an intermittent fault, bless that warranty coz diagnosis and a new batt could have cost me! thanks all for your help :wink:

Were they able to test for the battery fault?

I ask cos my Dad has a similar problem with his BMW 530d- it starts fine, then he drives it for a bit. Next time he gets in it, after a few minutes, the battery is dead and needs a jump start. But then it'll work fine for days/weeks. Battery is quite new so he's ruled that out, but I just wondered. No warning lights on dash to indicate a problem, nothing in ECU fault log.

Any of you gurus got any ideas?

No lights on dash and the old batt was less than two years old!! the fault you say does sound very similar! some days it was fine other days it was a total nightmare!! the dealer i bought the car from just said that the charge system was working fine and no current was being taken after car was turned off (I tested this myself before car went in so this is true) so they gambled on a new battery (as it was the cheapest option i would guess) and it would seem to have worked, biggest difference i notice now is that the starter spins at least twice as fast as it did!!!

Thanks- my inclination is the battery too. The only thing is he changed one battery when it happened first. However, the two events may be coincidental, i.e. one worn out battery replaced by a faulty one...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robertcloftus
Back