Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

WANTED - 996 C2 ENGINE

JPR

Silverstone
I need a complete engine out of a 996 C2, 3.4 manual. Not bothered about milage, just needs to be a good running engine.

Sorry to hear that :(

What's your budget?

Autofarm do fully reconditioned engines with the latest RMS, int shafts etc. Also, you can have them bored out to 3.6-3.8 litres to sweeten the pill.

Not cheap though- £6k plus VAT.

Alternatively, try Porschapart, Van Zweeden.

thanks for the tip sundeep. unfortunately my situation doesn't allow for a rebuild and I will be struggling to cover the cost of a donor engine swap so I'm slowly coming to terms with the option to sell the car as it is.

I have a few people interested but if anyone else is seriously interested then please get in touch.

It will be going on Ebay in the next few days if no one makes me an offer.

Sad, sad times.

I will never buy a Porsche again

So Sorry to hear your 911 is unwell.

Hope you sort an engine out soon.

JPR said:
Sad, sad times.

That's a real shame... who would have thought people would think that about Porsche.

The damage to porsche reputation is far beyond them writing a cheque for all the new engines that are required.

Its odd though how these things eat at you- I sometimes wonder about the long-term prognosis for my C4S in a way that I've never worried about a car before, not because its ever missed a beat, but because it might!

sorry to hear this. what did Sid find?

i'm also left uneasy, what is the future for 9+ yrs 996s...Hartech is very far... :cry:

or maybe these are isolated cases given the sheer numbers shifted.

either way, sorry for you JPR, goo dluck with the next car.

JPR said:
Sad, sad times.

I must admit that I will probably have exactly the same reaction if that happens to mine - not because I expect any car to be infallible, but because Porsche refuse to admit that there is clearly a major design fault and they are boasting about their massive profit rather than making it right for those that have given them that money!

I am not rich, and sacrifice a few things to drive the car of my dreams, and a 5-figure repair bill would have an impact on my whole standard of living for quite some time - and could even put my business at risk if the timing was particularly bad.

Had I known all this before I bought my 996, I probably wouldn't have taken the risk... So will be driving with fingers crossed from now on!

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back