Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

STRANGE NOISE on 997 C2S

andi sinclair

OPC are no help so asking for advice! Only had my C2S since November. I have got this clicking noise from the engine area. It's worse if i am in a higher gear. It sounds like a linkage sort of sound. It clicks once, and I can espacially hear it with the windows wound down. It's definitely a sound behind me. At times if I keep putting my foot down the click sounds again and agian. I have driven 30,000 miles in9 months so far so I know how my car sounds. My OPC Wilmslow have told me that itwas probably the accelerator pedal clicking and greased it!!!

This might just be what the 997 does, if so, great. However I do know the difference between a click under my foot and a clicking noise behind me.

If anyone knows what the hell I'm talking about, post a reply: thanks.

is everything screwed down in sight ?

does it only make the noise driving straight or in corners (and which direction) :?:

does it regardless of straight / corners. almost sounds like the first click of 'pinking' or some kind of loose linkage tightening up.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DD77
Back