Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

"G Pipe" ???????

911fan

I see these on the net and at Porsche shop but curious as to how loud it will make a standard system? at the mo I have a cat-bypass and the car sounds nice but a little quiet, as I only use the car from time to time i want it to make a bit more noise (but not do my head in if i fancy a long trip) so if anyone has any experience of these it would be great to have your views :wink: :D

"G Pipe"

I thought G had been about again !! - :p

G-pipe

I fitted one just after got my C4 and the increase in noise at idle is fantastic! For me that is.....not sure about the neighbours. They certainly know when I am going out for a drive ( as my neighbours kids pointed out yesterday).

At normal speeds its not so noticeable except when you plant your right foot to the floor.

My advice is get one - its the best £100+ I have ever spent on a car. It takes about 30 mins to fit it, about 10 of that was spent on getting to line up correctly at the tailpipe.

:D

Cheers Scamper, i was kinda thinking that for £100 it was worth gamble anyway but from what you say it sounds ideal! I always like exhausts that stay quiet-ish until engine is floored :D

G Pipe

http://www.supersprint.com/a_prodotti.asp?modello=po91964

gpipe.jpg

The G-pipe sounds good. Mine came with one but I changed to a standard final silencer to make sure I didn't get turned away at trackdays.

At some point I'm going to swap the primary silencer for a cup pipe which should save me about 10 kilos and not add too much noise since I'll still have the cat and the final silencer. This also retains the balance of the car. Swapping the final for a G also saves a lot of weight but removes it from a corner therefore creating an imbalance in the set up.

So would a cup pipe be a better idea?! just seems the G pipe is more popular? i bet a setup with both is a little too much.

I've asked the same question on PH and a rely suggested a cup pipe was better than a G pipe...

The foible on mine is that I've checked the option codes and one is 150 which means there isn't a cat... I don't think there'd be much difference in putting a de-cat pipe on - would the gas flow be improved at all?

911fan said:
So would a cup pipe be a better idea?! just seems the G pipe is more popular? i bet a setup with both is a little too much.

If you're aim is noise then the G-pipe is the best change. And you're right, having both is not good for the ears! :lol:

Thanks very useful!!

I take it primary by-pass is a cup pipe and secondary by-pass is a G pipe?

G pipe now fitted!!!! 8) It sounds very nice, maybe a little loud if the car was used every day on fast roads but for a weekend toy its just what i wanted! I think i most like how unrefined the car sound on idle, very thumpy! one thing to note is that now the final box has gone the tail pipe is not so solid/secure in the rear bumper as the rear box is not solid mounted but not an issue in any way, Cheers all :D

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
3sp1f8
Back