Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Been Offered A New 997C4 - what should I do......

Fingers

I have been offered a brrand new 997 C4 from my OPC with bit of a discount. The options are:

Metero Grey
Sand Beige Interior
Sports Leather Steering Wheel
Seat Heaters
Cruise Control
Sunroof
PASM
Sports Chrono
Sports Exhaust
19" Carrera Alloys
Colour Crests
Car Cover
Owers Kit
Electronic Toll Collector
Navigation System
And a few not so important ones....

They will buy back my May 2005 997 for GBP 42,000 (basalt black / sand beige - a few options) and let me have the C4 for GBP 59,000 or so.

The only catch is the C4 is a tiptronic car - the tip in Japan is very popular (80% of cars are tips) and is an expensive option here - GBP 3,000 or so.

So the pricing on the car is very good but the tip is the only downer for me.

The other thing, should I just keep my car until the face lift or 998 comes out? I still love my car and only just changed the tyres and extended the warranty for another year but the C4 has some nice options, its RHD which means I can sell it overseas like I have done with two other cars from Japan - and my wife will be able to drive it since it is a tip - not sure if that is a good thing though - I will never get it back.

Your honest opinions please!

no news on the facelift over here

but a Tip? what about the S model ?

Facelift may be next year and the 998 in 2010 at the earliest.... depends on how long you can wait.

I'm more of the live the moment and enjoy it :D

garyw

Ah, you've got that expensive Japanesse 3 year MOT thing due on the car soon.

Sell it to an unsuspecting newly arrived ex pat broker, or ship it to Oz, NZ or even the UK.

Aha - you know about the "shaken" - what a pain in the bum that is. I usually change cars every 12 - 18 months. But this one I don't have a burning desire to sell to be honest with you.

I found a 997 C2S RHD Tip / Basalt / Beige its the same price as the C4 but without that many nice options. I could always do that IF the C4 does sell.

If I wait until September, I will get another GBP 3,000 off the C4 if it DOESN'T sell..... Oh, well, will wait and see!

Yeah lived out there for 3 years, never drove as Tokyo's street planning is not the most logical and work was 3 stops from home on the Hibiya line. Plus all that shaken nonsense and having to find a dedicated parking space before you can buy a car...

Re: the car, if you're not keen on the tip dont get it, I have a 996 tip and to be honest I now wish I went for a manual (which I will do next time as long as the clutch is light for the knee). The tip is a bit frustrating on shifting and gets a bit boring.

I had a 996 tip before. Not too keen on them - the 997 with sc is much better. Guess you must have lived in Hiro or somewhere - I am in Minami Aoyama - near Omotesdando - parking is a pain - and expensive! I could buy another 997 for what my parking costs!

Not too far from Hiro, Nishi Azabu, just off Roppongi dori, used to walk past your way every Sunday via the cemetary to Omotesando and Yoyogi park. At times I miss that place terribly, its been over 5 years since I returned.

With the cars sold there, do the Porsches automatically sound the limiter at 100km/h, or can that be switched off?

no limiter sounds on cars delivered here. I think the middle east they have that problem

Fingers said:
no limiter sounds on cars delivered here. I think the middle east they have that problem

so that C4, did you pass on the Tip or ?

what happened to the Lambo !

Sundeep said:
Fingers said:

so that C4, did you pass on the Tip or ?

what happened to the Lambo !

I passed on the C4 - basically, the tip would do my head in after a while. Better off buying the wife another car!

In regards to the Lambo the waiting list for a RHD is 12 months and the part that annoyed me most was that they want and extra GBP 12,000 for a RHD!

Better off getting just keeping my 997. I am completely happy with the car to be honest with you just get the "itch" to change sometimes.

I say keep it fella! Enjoy what you got and upgrade when the 998 raises her beautiful bonnet in a couple of years time.

John Meager said:
I say keep it fella! Enjoy what you got and upgrade when the 998 raises her beautiful bonnet in a couple of years time.

Good advice - think I will wait until the 998.

Got another call from the OPC - they will give the car to me for GBP 55,000 - its GBP 74,000 in the UK!!!! Whats more, they will buy my car for a good price - GBP 46,000.

The only thing that is making me consider it is the fact that its RHD. I unlike my current lefty I can probably ship it to the UK and sell it easier.....

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back