Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Red Dot Award 2007 for Porsche 911 Targa 4

911UK

Administrator
Staff member
8070625.001.1M.jpg

The Red Dot Awards are quite a feat and not just any old product will receive its mark. Last year over 6000 products from 52 countries were entered into three categories (product design, communication design and concept design), historic winners include LG, Mercedes-Benz, Apple, Adidas and Nokia.

This year Porsche receives the Red Dot: Best of the Best Award in the product design category for their Porsche 911 Targa 4. 2500 products were entered this year in the Product Design category, but only 1.72% (43) actually have been honoured with the award. The Red Dot jury noted in particular Porsche's "creativity, innovative features, and the high quality of the product'.

Red dot: best of the best
The best products in a category, which have proven their highly outstanding and pioneering achievements, receive the distinction "red dot: best of the best". Last year, the jury awarded this honorary distinction for highest design quality to only 36 submitted works. All prize-winners of the "red dot: best of the best" will receive the red dot trophy on stage at the awards presentation.

[Source: Porsche]

Now I thought the above was quite impressive, until I found out that in Porsche have also won the Red Dot award for the Cayman , hhhhhmmmmm :? :mrgreen:

I was in Reading OPC on Friday renewing my Warranty and had a close (well closer than ever before) look at a Cayman and for what it is I quite like it.

Anyway the 997 Targa 4 is the star here. Still trying to convince myself why I need to swap my perfectly good 996 Targa for a new S, but I know at some point I will have to do it 'cos the new car is even better than the old one.

I would love a targa 4S... I do miss the targa thing, but I like the wide body thing as well so that rules out a 996 Targa. A 997 targa S on the other hand, best of both worlds!

Its not had the greatest reviews, but its never going to be as focussed as a coupe, and offers something very different, perhaps more relevant to on-road enjoyment as opposed to lapping the 'Ring. Even then, I'm sure it would have ability to spare with most of us at the wheel...

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
race911turbo
Back