Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Stunning GT3 - MK1 For Sale - Deposit taken

There's plenty of RS's out there who's owners think they are all original panels and never had paint....and they're wrong.

I'm not too bothered about originality...or mileage tbh...its condition now that bothers me.

I'd quite like a cup car or NGT....and almost all of them have had some work at some time.

Thanks for the link

I agree with Jason's sentiments.

Having seen brand new 997RSes come out of the factory BENT (ie, the chassis is NOT straight), I am even more convinced nowadays that the overriding determining value of a car is how good the condition of the car is.

Condition is based on 2 factors (and 2 factors only):
1) level of maintenance and servicing (typically the £ spent in keeping it in top form)
2) objective assessment of the physical car (a reflection of quality of work to achieve finish)

As Jason points out, there are a lot of amazing cars out there which have all had metal work of some kind. The best repaired cars - most people won't even be able to detect that the car has been repaired and will probably be surprised to know that it has been. I am sure that Jason's main concern is in making sure the condition of his RS returns better than it was before by employing the best bodyshop available.

So for all those cars which are repaired: simply check to see the quality of the repair. A good bodyshop will be able to restore a car to as new (or better than new) condition.

Used Cup cars which have been recently reshelled often command a premium over undamaged Cup cars. Why? Repaired Cup cars are stronger and less fatigued than 'original undamaged' cars. Hmmm... what does this tell us?

I would much rather a repaired car that has had 'no expense spared' rather than an 'original' car which has had expense spared.

Buy on condition!

PolarExpress said:
I agree with Jason's sentiments.

Having seen brand new 997RSes come out of the factory BENT (ie, the chassis is NOT straight), I am even more convinced nowadays that the overriding determining value of a car is how good the condition of the car is.

Condition is based on 2 factors (and 2 factors only):
1) level of maintenance and servicing (typically the £ spent in keeping it in top form)
2) objective assessment of the physical car (a reflection of quality of work to achieve finish)

As Jason points out, there are a lot of amazing cars out there which have all had metal work of some kind. The best repaired cars - most people won't even be able to detect that the car has been repaired and will probably be surprised to know that it has been. I am sure that Jason's main concern is in making sure the condition of his RS returns better than it was before by employing the best bodyshop available.

So for all those cars which are repaired: simply check to see the quality of the repair. A good bodyshop will be able to restore a car to as new (or better than new) condition.

Used Cup cars which have been recently reshelled often command a premium over undamaged Cup cars. Why? Repaired Cup cars are stronger and less fatigued than 'original undamaged' cars. Hmmm... what does this tell us?

I would much rather a repaired car that has had 'no expense spared' rather than an 'original' car which has had expense spared.

Buy on condition!

Good reading Ade !

Stevo said:
Ok - I bid 25k UK pounds.

Your 15k short of the latest bid :wink: :shock:

Sold in principle - looks like car is heading off to sunnier climates in Spain

Make sure you don't get a cheque for twice the value of the car and have to pay the difference to a brother in Hartlepool....

:)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SondeMadiu
Back