Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

I'm liking this a lot

Hi all

Finally managed to work out how to get pics uploaded! Not the sharpest tool in the box obviously.

Boxsey mentioned my Celebration, here it is just before I went to the PCGB meeting at Harewood house a few weeks ago. It turned a few heads there with a number of people been much more interested once they worked out (normally when they walked around the back and saw the 911 badge) it wasn't a turbo

£25k for the one at virgin is a prety good price for 88k miles. Mine cost less but had 113k miles (a bit more now :wink: ). It had a top end re-build at 91k and I have got loads of other history etc so I agree with Boxsey that it is condition and care rather than miles that should be the guide.

DSCF6262A.jpg

DSCF6273A.jpg

Cheers Rodders

Yeh, I think there were only about 12 or 14 RHD's in polar silver

Thought you might like this picture including a 993 turbo 8)

DSCF6296A.jpg

please tell me that,thats not your own line-up of cars outside your house :shock:
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rodders said:
very nice..............and even rarer being silver 8) 8) 8)

thoise celeb's benefitted from the soon to be laucnhed 993 of spec, which made the 964 very interesting, which means prices are high for the late models, whih seem to bridge the gap to 993 prices

Nice Silver indeed, Arctic Silver ?

Unfortunately Rodders, you are right, NOT all my cars, NOT my house. :cry: We can but dream :lol:

Hi, I'm a newbie as well, and have just paid 15500 for a '92, C4 Cabrio with 56k, FPSH, met blue with white leather. Now all I have to do is find some 'balls' on ebay so I can drive it. !!!

Yes I know it sounds like a trophy, but I promise I will drive it and put some miles on the clock

I've been looking around for about 6 months and reckon that I could've spent between 13k and 17k, depending on the colour, mileage and engine rebuild status.

eporsch in Chertsey, Surrey seems a pretty genuine guy and has a good turnover of cars in all price ranges, (www.eporsch.com) or it might be .co.uk.

If you look on ebay now, (7th July) there are several 964s, including a couple from eporsch.

I didn't buy mine from eporsch, but I was about to buy one from him if I hadn't found mine so I can't give a personal recommend, but did get a warm and fuzzy feeling about the place.

You know you have to post some pics! I know that's a bit ripe coming from me - but I can blame the weather. Since we bought our C2 cab 2 weeks ago, it's p*$$£d down with rain every day except today (I was working today).

Tomorrow is promising to be sunny, so I'll also try and get some pics up

:D

964 celebration

Has anyone been to see this car yet, I bought a 60K example from them back in December, the best 20K I have spent, just had it MOT'd and serviced at Dick Lovetts and it flew through, tempted to pop down there with it and try and do a deal for the celebration as its still on their site.

As yet another newbie I'd like my first post to contain the earth-shattering news that I like the look of this car!

Virgin looks like a great place to buy too. Much as I find Jason's ethos tempting, I think I'm still a few months away from buying my first Porsche and I'm not sure I'd like to waste their time by testing this one out - although it looks so gorgeous!

It's been on their site for a couple of weeks though - maybe it's the short MOT (November 07)?

Mudy, welcome to the forum and good luck with your search.

If you have never owned a Porsche bfore, there is no "too early" to start test driving them, especially if you are looking for something other than a relatively new one. You will need to look at a few and test a few to find out what is good and what is bad. Unless you are looking for a rare model, the absolute MUST is to have it properly inspected. A couple of hundred quid spent on this could save you thousands later. If you are looking for a rare one, you have to be in the position of being able to react instantly - just look at how long a good 964 RS stays on the market as oposed to an average/bad one.

I know this is easier said than done but do not be tempted to buy with the heart. You must use our head. A good Porsche will give you years of pleasure and a bad one will keep you poor.

Research the model you are after and ask loads of questions, both on here and on the PCGB forum. The Porsche community is a friendly one and we are (mostly) all happy to help.

Thanks Seagull for the advice. A 964 RS would be a dream, that's why I think the 30 jahre would be such a great and (relatively) affordable alternative. Do you think it could be used for daily transport? I realise that this isn't ideal, but would be prepared to put it in for a rebuild all the sooner - but do rebuilds adversely affect values?
Also Peter Morgan in 911 and PW offers his services as a pre-buy inspector, but after reading Virgin's blurb I rather trust that any car sold by them might not need an inspection - am I being too trusting.
Thanks again!

that 964 is just plain beautiful, especially the rear perspective when looking at it from the front.

I'm new to the forums and am sort of thinking of a 964 purchase, but of a targa, I just don't see why anybody would buyt a boxster when they can have a 964 - the styling is just fantastic and ageless!

Just thought i'd say

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stulees65
Back