Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

another newbie saying hi

hotspur

Hi everyone my name is Bill and i thought i would drop in to introduce myself i hope to shortly be in a position to get myself a nice condition 964 as i have well and truly been bitten by the porsche bug .I am at present the owner of a mondeo st220 which whilst being a very capable and quick car lacks the driver involvment that i hope to find with a 964. Iam looking for a 2 wheel drive version and to carry out some subtle mods in the future cheers for now Bill & Zak the akita ( my dog )

Hi Bill! Welcome to 911uk. :D

What colour are you looking for? The 964 is a fantastic car... I've been tempted by one myself quite recently!

Feel free to ask any Qs and share your experiences.

Hi Adrian i would prefer a red car prefering to steer clear of metallics i have seen several pictures whilst researching and have seen several that seem to have been lowered with larger 18 inch wheels which is the sort of thing that appeals to me as long as it is done tastefully what do you think ? or is this sort of thing frowned upon ? Bill& Zak the akita

Upgrades on 911s are not uncommon although there is a fine art in choosing the right components etc to enhance the performance of the car as it's quite easy to ***** it up completely. My own car has been extensively upgraded, and there's nowt wrong with that! 8) :wink:

18" wheels on a 993 are a good example: on the 993, non-varioram cars need a steering rack modification to prevent premature failure if you want to fit 18" wheels. I don't know if the 964 needs a similar modification, but someone else here might?

Welcome to the forum Bill - the 964 is a fine choice (especially in red!)

Welcome Bill and Zak :)

I'm loving all this interest in the 964. It makes me feel that I made the right choice all those months ago :D . It must be true because EVEN Ade is interested :eek:

Good luck with your search Bill. The 964 looks fabulous in red and there always seem to be plenty for sale in that colour. However be prepared to buy on condition - I wanted red but only saw poor examples when viewing. When my white one came up I grabbed it while I could.

18" wheels are indeed not suitable for a standard car without modifications (sorry, I can't give you specific details). Beware of a car that they have been put on without doing anything to it, as they will have been detrimental to its health.

I have a soft spot for the 964! Test drove an absolute minter the other day, and the drive/noise/feel was lovely - much nicer than even my old 993...

Thanks for the warm welcome can anyone recomend any books etc that i should read before i start looking ? Bill & Zak

hotspur said:
Thanks for the warm welcome can anyone recomend any books etc that i should read before i start looking ? Bill & Zak

You'll find lots of stuff here:

http://www.porsche964.co.uk

and you can get a concise buyers guide by Peter Morgan. Easily obtained from Amazon (search on his name or 911 ultimate buyers guide). The model year is 1989 to 1993.

welcome 964'ers

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back