Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 clutch travel...

Robertb

Yas Marina
The clutch pedal on my 996 C4S seems to be very long... you need to push it most of the way down to get it to completely disengage.

Seems to work fine otherwise, no slip, judder etc.

Is this normal, can it be adjusted, or is it a harbinger of a new-clutch-sized bill?

Thanks,

R.

As the clutch wears on a 996, the engagement point gets lower and lower to the floor (opposite to most other clutches). Although you have no slippage at this point, it's possible your clutch is wearing and you may find it needing replacement soon.

I just had a new clutch put in the other week, and the biting point is now so high that at first I thought something was wrong. And then I realised the difference in clutch design on the 996, and a high biting point for a new clutch is correct.

AFAIK the clutch can't be adjusted on the 996.

Damn...

Need new brakes and fluid as well. :cry:

Robertb said:
Damn...

Need new brakes and fluid as well. :cry:

I'd pray for a RMS leak, at least the clutch would only cost you for the part, £450 vs £1100.

Latest posts

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mchass
Back