Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 GT3 RS v 996 GT2 price stability

vroomvroom said:
poon said:
good RS's are circa £65k dependent on mileage and history, poor ones low £60's late £50's.

know of an owner - just been bid well below late 50's (well below) by OPC for his - so i would not be too sure about the real prices

No damage, never painted, rhd, seen a few tracks, stone chipped, 22k miles, only he has ever owned it, full history - have to say I was very very very tempted !

OPC's are notoriously bad at trade in time. That car is probably worth £58kish privately. I know of a 14000 mile Mk2 GT3 that went for circa £52,000, RS's should always be approx £10k more than a comfort Mk2.

vin_r1 said: Tim, I agree with certain points you've made, but if the 993 GT2 is as you say a car designed for racing then why do people have to spend more on them to get them to go around a track quicker - I can totally understand about getting more power from the engine that aside, if the 993 GT2 was so good then one shouldn't have to spend anything and it would simply be a V quick track car. Many of the 993 GT2's I've seen have been modified and that I think is wrong -IMHO simply because the more it is kept in orginal condition the better the car is esp if it's been looked after properly. And generally what do people go for when buying a car is one that hasn't been fettled with.
Also, when you consider the number of 996 GT2's produced both in UK sales and world sales this is still a very rare machine, don't get me wrong I love the 993 GT2 but if I were choosing I'd always go for the 996 GT2 because alot of people haven't ever been in or driven one but all to eager to jump on the band wagon stating that there this/that and the other. Just my 2p worth

You make a god point. It would be nice if the best GT2's were kept original. But then again, if owners can afford to modify the odd car to make them go quicker, that's not so bad really. I'm sure these same people can also afford to put them back to original again if need be. I have no idea what an unmodified car would be like, but you have to think they must be pretty quick on a track:
1290kg, 316kw (430hp), 540NM and rear wheel drive...

I must admit though that I know nothing much about the 996 GT2 except they were not homologation cars like the 993 GT2 or the 996 GT3 RS. For my taste that always makes a car more desirable.

all the best

tim

(PS Has the 996 GT2 been covered in any recent Porker mags?)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrew bulloch7
Back