Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Geometry after new discs/pads?

wagonface

Barcelona
Anyone know if its a big mistake to get full geo done 5mths before getting new discs & pads?

I have the annoyance of needing new discs/pads at next service in 5mths time, but am off on a long drive to Biarritz in 3 weeks and wanted to get geo done before that (car has never had geo in 7yrs...)

Anyone know? I dont know if geo would be affected by installing new discs/pads.

Thanks.

Thanks. OPC Chiswick quoted me £275 (incl VAT). Although I despise them, its there already so for convenience will prob get them to do it.

Okay, before I hand over cash to Chiswick...

1) is £275 incl VAT a standard price? wont be different at an indy I guess? And I assume there is no way OPC could do a bad job?
2) and most importantly, is it a good investment? Car has never had geo while I owned it (20mths), I am driving to Biarritz in 2 weeks time, its just had 4 new tyres, its driven weekends only, there are lots of speedbumps near me, steering wheel does vibrate slightly at motorway speeds

I only ask question 2) cos this year I have been stung for 4 new tyres, clutch & RMS and my car budget is deeply in the red before I even get to the service. I know its impossible to answer, but I want to be sure it will be worthwhile spending the cash. Any views?

I would be choosing where to have the geo done based on who is doing it rather than price.

e.g. up here I would choose 9M over Wilmslow OPC. It just so happens that the indy is also less expensive most of the time because they charge for time and their labour rates are lower. I believe an OPC charges a set rate even if they take the measurements and find that nothing needs doing.

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Retep
Back