Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

997 turbo with a roof rack

richardofengland

Nurburgring
i do like to see Porsches coming the other way, most new ones are just rich old boys, so I dont bother waving. Older Porsches and those a little bit special like GT3's are normally quite sociable.

Tonight coming into Weybridge a bronze colour 997 turbo came the other way with a roofrack ( empty) - he looked a right berk

richardofengland said:
i do like to see Porsches coming the other way, most new ones are just rich old boys,
Why thanks :?
richardofengland said:
Tonight coming into Weybridge a bronze colour 997 turbo came the other way
So did you wave ?

I spent the weekend on the Cat and Fiddle and happy to say the owners of both old and new Porsche's coming in the opposite direction both smiled and waved...

garyw

Problem - most people buying Porsches are not enthusiasts...hardly ever got any reciprocal waves in any Porsche (wouldn't have really expecting any from the mum taking the kids to school in a Cayenne mind...). If you want waves buy a TVR (I reckon that was about 75% wave hits in the few I had) or better still a motorbike (I am about 90% wave on the open road).

garyw said:
Why thanks :?

Gary - I promise to wave at you if you fit my EU approved wave criteria:
32-26-34D

:shock:

If you really want people to wave back - buy a motorhome! We have one as a means to an end (dog agility shows) and almost every single motorhome driver AND passengers wave - often accompanied by flashed lights and even a hoot!

Have to admit I rarely wave back - deliberately, because I am NOT a motorhome enthusiast, but it's just the lesser of 3 evils to me (rather than sleeping under thin canvas in a bumpy field, or joining the 'shed-draggers' clogging up the minor roads of Britain!)

Having said all that here's a picture (thus making me look like an enthusiast after all... :lol:

20070606_135648_DSC_1545-small.jpg

Looks quick... :wink:

Well I had thought of taking it to Le Mans, but didn't want to embarass all the GT3 boys on the way... :lol:

Well at least I'd win the payload race, and it wouldn't look as daft as a SY GT3 with a roof rack full of camping gear :roll:

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69
Back