Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

996 Tyres

TimS

Any suggestions as I'm shortly going to have to find a new set of boots all round. Car has P Zero Rosso's on at the moment, but they are all either perished or low on tread.

Would you put these back on or go for something else for a C4?

Any supplier recommendations again?

Thanks!

I run Michelins on mine. The feel and grip in the dry is way better than the old Contis it had before and the wet grip is almost as good. They're by no means the cheapest option but IMO well worth it.

Funny, switched to Michelin's from Conti's on my Golf GTi and noticed a real improvement there too.

TimS said:
Funny, switched to Michelin's from Conti's on my Golf GTi and noticed a real improvement there too.

The Michelins are the way to go IMO.

Had to settle for Contis Sport Contact2 on mine (couldn't get Michelins at the time, and have to say I'm pleased with them so far - no noticeable loss of grip in the dry, but haven't really pushed them in the wet yet. Nice stiff sidewalls though, gives very predictable handling and excellent steering feel, if a little harsher ride.

this should help with the options........ choice is still yours !

Michelin gets my vote as the best all rounder

996_tyres.jpg

My vote for Michelins, just had 4 fitted to mine a couple of weeks ago. As ever a prompt, efficient and well priced service from the guys at Bracknell Tyres.

Michelin Pilot Sports all the way. Better grip and last longer then the P zero's

I've got Toyo's - the non track version, and they were a bargain (relatively - £700 for all 4). They took a little getting used to but are just fine now.......

I would, however, probably go back to the Michelin's for the next set.

I swapped the Continental Sport Contact 2s on my 996 C4 for Michelin Pilot Sport N1s all round. £558 all in fitted and would definitely get them again.

Using 18" - 225/40F and 285/30R the suggested pressures are 36/44 std road use. (Got Pzero rossos at the mo) Does anyone ever run softer pressures than this - for fast road use?

Roadhog1 said:
Using 18" - 225/40F and 285/30R the suggested pressures are 36/44 std road use. (Got Pzero rossos at the mo) Does anyone ever run softer pressures than this - for fast road use?

I've always run on lower pressures (than standard) but it depends on the tyre :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golfguy11800
Back