Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

993 C2 LHD

DJC013

I have re-registered on the forum (lost my password etc) ! I have seen a LHD 993 for sale, wondered how practical/impractical the LHD makes the car ?? PS Weekend/fun use only, regards Damian.

Damian

Ive run mine for 2 years plus, absolutely no issue what so ever, I drive a mix of country roads Motorways and in London.

You need to adapt to 2 things

hang back a little on country roads to see whats coming for safe overtaking

push the seat belt reciever (??) back out of the way before sliding over to get your ticket from entry/exit ticket barriers, thus avoiding ripping your trousers!

Everything else is fine and of course we all know the LHD has the driving setup perfectly aligned whilst the RHD conversions has the pedals slightly off-set.

So in summary GO FOR IT!!
Martyn

As a sunny sunday car, cartainly no problem with LHD, had a LHD for over 6 yrs and wouldn't have it any other way.
Better driving position, and the whole car just "feels right" the moment you sit in it.

Why pay more for a "conversion" anyway!
party-smiley-004.gif

Thanks for the replies, trying to view and drive the car this weekend, regards Damian. :)

Hi Damian - I had LHD 993 cab Tip (with drivers arm rest) so ignoring the barrage of Hair salon comments I used to get, it was a perfect car. The only mod I bothered with was sports airbox to give it a rortier note (luverly with the roof down). So long as you're not planning on regular visits to barriered car parks, there are no drawbacks, and as mentioned above, seating seemed more correct, and overtaking is merely hang back a bit and blast round. You wont regret it

Another 100% recommendation for LHD here. Had mine just over 2 years and have never once thought LHD was a mistake.

As other have said, the RHD air cooled 911s feel compromised by the conversion, while LHD feels right!

Thanks for all the answers !! The one i wanted to see is now sold !! Guess i keep looking !! :) :)

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
briant1000
Back