Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hey there from a wannabe 911 owner!!!

Hello there!

The first Porsche I had was a 1988 3.2 Sport Coupe and I absolutely loved it, back when I was a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed 21 yr old, rather than a careworn 33 yr old with 2 kids and a mortgage (and a C4S!)

Some days, I wish I'd just stuck with that as nothing since has really gotten close to the excitement of that first one.

It is a classic though, don't expect Civic Type R day to day convenience!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142435

I too started off with a 3.2 - i have good memeries of that car and in some ways wish i had kept it for its rawer feeling and noise, compared to my 993.

Its a great intro to the world of 911.

RobertB - a 911 at 21 ? :eek: :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142440

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Raffi on 16 May 2007

Cheers for the warm welcomes, and thanks for already giving some advice. I will try to control the urge and look around carefully.
Not sure that is possible! I bought within 2 days of starting looking!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142443

Raff, try
www.gmundcars.com

Nice 930 turbo cab 22.9k, 52.5k miles nice granite green metallic.

Tempted myself.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142500

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 16 May 2007

I should probably have used the cash for a deposit on a flat, but, hey, you only live once!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142501

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Robertb on 16 May 2007

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Fuchs on 16 May 2007

I should probably have used the cash for a deposit on a flat, but, hey, you only live once!

Which is what I did.....ever tried getting a lady to sleep over in your 911?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142511

No you sleep at theirs, having made sure they have a driveway/secure parking :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142512

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Carl on 16 May 2007

Raff, try
www.gmundcars.com

Tempted myself.
I was very surprised to see that car at that price. GMund normally achieve good prices for their 930 cars, so based on my own experience, I would have expected this to have a higher sticker price.

The colour would be an issue, the wheels are not original and are, some would say, too large for the chassis and it has the 4 speed box (which is a surprise as I thought all turbo cabs were 5 speed - only made 88/89). Low mileage though and they say the hood has been replaced (which is not the cheapest of jobs).

Hmmm ..... I'd check it out very carefully. Wonder if its a conversion? :?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142537

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Carl on 16 May 2007

Raff, try
www.gmundcars.com

Tempted myself.
The black 3.2 cab on 911 plate is very tasty too!!.......speed yellow 993RS track tool!.......must stop looking in sweetie shops!......

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142539

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Porsche Die Hard
Back