Porsche 911UK Forum

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Hey there from a wannabe 911 owner!!!

Raffi

Just thought i would introduce myself,

I am currently looking for a pre '89 911 and i thought that this would be the best place to start learning! I have had a good look through the site and it has a great wealth of knowledge and i am looking to pick some of the seasoned 911 drivers' brains!

I currently own an '04 Civic Type R, which along with a few modifications here and there has been a joy to drive especially with its 8.5k rpm redline :twisted:
. But i do think that it is time for a change, and time to go for something with a little more character and style.

I hope to be a 'proper' member soon, just in time for my drive down to Cannes in the summer and will of course be looking for as much info as possible.

Thanks

Raff

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142251

Welcome aboard - a few people have 930s on here.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142252

Welcome aboard and i'm sure of the owners of that era will be along soon.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142254

Wecome Raffi..

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142272

Welcome Raffi!......Are you looking for a particular model?...Turbo, 3.2, Coupe, Targa, Cab.?.....I think 'Norrie' on here (look in early model section) might be looking to sell a green 3.2 with low miles!...sounds a nice car..check the thread!

Find a nice one and you will not stop smiling....I love mine! :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142379

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by HML1473 on 15 May 2007

Welcome Raffi!......Are you looking for a particular model?...Turbo, 3.2, Coupe, Targa, Cab.?.....I think 'Norrie' on here (look in early model section) might be looking to sell a green 3.2 with low miles!...sounds a nice car..check the thread!

Find a nice one and you will not stop smiling....I love mine! :D
perfectly summed up !

welcome

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142391

Hi Raff, good choice of car best of luck in your search.

Any questions ask here before you buy, these guys on here know their stuff. :D

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142411

Welcome, took me nearly four years to find a good one be careful do not let your heart rule your head when buying.Got my one now and its every mile is a smile :D

It is very easy to get Porsche fever and buy the first one you see .A good paint job can hide many sins on a car.

GOOD LUCK

SEE YA

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142412

Welcome!!!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142413

Welcome, hope you find what you are looking for. Coming out of a Type-R to a 930 will be a culture shock. But a change for the better I am sure.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142416

Welcome, good choice in a pre 89 911. They may not be as unbelievably fast as a modern 911, but they are immense fun and can still kick some serious butt. And you really can't beat the sound of an air cooled flat six heading to readline.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142419

Cheers for the warm welcomes, and thanks for already giving some advice. I will try to control the urge and look around carefully.

Just don't know how long i will be able to hold back :wink:

Raff

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142420

Hi Raff, and welcome to 911uk! :)

Have you driven a pre-89 911? They are wonderful cars, but they are also very very different compared to the modern CTR. I mention it because both cars are so different, and it may also be worth looking at more modern 911s if you find the older 3.2 a bit 'agricultural' in comparison.

Good luck with your search!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142422

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by PolarExpress on 16 May 2007

Hi Raff, and welcome to 911uk! :)
Have you driven a pre-89 911? They are wonderful cars, but they are also very very different compared to the modern CTR. I mention it because both cars are so different, and it may also be worth looking at more modern 911s if you find the older 3.2 a bit 'agricultural' in comparison.Good luck with your search!
The above is right but a late build normally aspirated 3.2 has an awful lot going for it.

Might be a good idea to get a buyers guide to understand how the models developed over their years of production. Gearbox change from 915 to G50 is the big one in terms of desirability. Body types such as Coupe, Targa and Cabriolet also bring their own sets of issues.

The heating system is also worth understanding!

Provenance with a 911 is everything. As "good" cars start becoming rarer, those with will hold their value better than the rest. If its a daily driver, you may other considerations as it will be a car of 18 years old plus.

As an example, I saw one at Paul Stephens yesterday that was really in exceptional condition. A lot of money for a 3.2 with 85K but it looked extremely well detailed,

http://www.paul-stephens.com/

I'd also recommend joining PCGB and contacting the 3.2 register secretary (thats where I started 5 years ago). He may know of cars that have not yet reached the market and should be able to point you at experts who can advise on this model.

Getting some basic knowledge about the cars and their peculiarities is really helpful in searching for a 911 and should help to avoid what could be an expensive mistake. They are definately not modern cars but this is exactly what makes them special.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 142427

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Silage
Back