Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

Bedford 964ers...

Superunknown

Spa-Francorchamps
How did you do amongst the big boys of the forum? Did the old girls disgrace themselves or give as good as they got?

Boxsey, what was your db levels? And what exhaust setup did you have? Any problems on track?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141654

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Superunknown on 14 May 2007

How did you do amongst the big boys of the forum? Did the old girls disgrace themselves or give as good as they got?

Boxsey, what was your db levels? And what exhaust setup did you have? Any problems on track?
Nice of you to ask mate. Car handled brilliantly. Didn't spin once and even the instructor commented on how good the grip was. I would say that I didn't drive it any where near flat out (even though I hit the rev limiter in 2nd once or twice :eek: ). On the main straight, once I hit about 120, I just held it there until the 150M braking point as with an armco right next to me I didn't want to risk a spin on the wet surface.

I had one slight worry when smoke started pouring out of the engine bay. This was my fault because I'd topped up the oil prior to the trip when it really didn't need any. Under high load it spat out what it didn't need which burned off on the exhaust. This limited my track time a bit as I only went out twice afterwards and kept the revs down to make sure it was nothing more serious. It wasn't.

Of course, I moved over for the faster cars (as is the etiquette) but a Caterham that I caught up on the main straight didn't return the favour (he knew I was there but didn't wave me by). However, he span in front of me on the next set of bends, which serves him right :wink:
. But it was actually rare to be close to another car because the track is so long and there were so few cars - I doubt if there were more than 20 cars on track at any one time.

My exhaust is now completely standard. I didn't catch the static db reading but everyone passed. However, apparently either me or the white turbo tripped one of the drive by noise meters, so I was told (or it could have been the result of us passing at the same time as I was never pulled up again).

See here for some track footage:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYgsvc1UbJo

Hopefully Will G-J will inform us of how his went when he eventually sobers up! :wink:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141713

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alanjf
Back