Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

NEW 997 TURBO RIMS ON 996C4S

dean morgan

Hi every one

Advise please can i fit the new 997 turbo rims to a 2003 C4s

1 I have seen a unused set for sale for 2K with out tyres

2 Will they fit

3 Has any one done this before

4 What does every one think , will they look ok or am i trying to make the car into

something it isnt

Thanx Dean Morgan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141073

I have no idea whether they will fit or not but the Turbo wheels look great, I have them on my 997 C2S

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141079

Hi Dean - I have always thought that period wheels belong to period cars. When I see drivers of 964's with 996 18's on them, for example, I think 'oh no - too much' especially from the rear as the car look over-tyred. The car just doesn't look right overall with bits of new fighting bits of old. Why don't you look at the range of wheels that were available for the 996 and try a set of those? There is a set that I am thinking of which one 996 C4S owner has on here but I don't know how to describe them - they are like a fan design, 5 spokes, they look good and were designed for the 996.

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141159

hmmmm, not sure i agree, i think using wheels from newer models can give the older cars a refreshing update.

can't picture 997TT wheels on a C4S though, very tricky to predict if it will work...maybe knock up a photoshop but even then, i did not realise how good the TT wheels were until i saw them in the flesh (actually on a cayman rather than a TT as it turned out)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141161

Hi Maxie,

You wouldn't be on about these would you :wink:

/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/Image10a%20copy(1).jpg

Sport techno's the best alloys in the 996 range really set off the car. I have to agree though. Not a fan of putting newer parts on the older vehical. Freshen up with other option parts for the model.

My only get out on this is interior SAT NAV and Stereo.

Dean I too like the 997 TT alloys they are awesome. If I do go the 997 route they would be my first choice but I think for the C4S the techno's are the bad boys.

Regards Alan

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141219

Alan to the rescue! Those are the ones I was talking about. What do you think, Dean?

~ Maxie

PS Nice pic Alan especially with the sparkle on the rear quarter window - I thought you may have photoshopped that on but it looks like a genuine sparkle... :)
!!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141432

Thanx for all the replies to my question , but still carnt make up my mind.

In answer to your question Maxie the sport technos are very nice and look great

but i think the 997 turbos look even better .

Just found a set of porche original 19" 997 turbo alloys on ebay

From design 911 uk and they say that they fit the 996 c4s now really confused as

What to do .

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141471

Can't be that difficult to find out. You just need to find out the sizes, PCD's and offsets on both styles of wheels. Then you should be able to determine if they fit.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141476

From design 911 uk and they say that they fit the 996 c4s now really confused as What to do.

Well, would a bumpier ride be reason enough to sway you away from the 19" Turbo wheels? I already find the ride on my 18's to be pretty firm enough as it is anyway. For that reason alone I wouldn't want anything bigger. I'd even quite happily live with the standard 17's that came on 996 Targas but then the looks don't do it for me at all.

~ Maxie

Migration info. Legacy thread was 141616

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
drthein
Back