Porsche 911 UK Enthusiasts Online Community Discussion Forum GB

Welcome to the @Porsche911UK website. Register a free account today to become a member! Sign up is quick and easy, then you can view, participate in topics and posts across the site that covers all things Porsche.

Already registered and looking to recovery your account, select 'login in' and then the 'forget your password' option.

First time 911 Owner

Geoffrey

Before I start askng questions, I'd just like to say hello.

I've just bought my first 911, a 1988 Turbo Cabriolet. Previous owner spent heaps on the mechanicals, I just need to get the electrics and interior up to scratch now.

Just had it given a full service, and it now has a problem, but I will ask about that in another post......

I just love it. Geoff

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140611

Welcome to the forum!
/images/migration/UploadedForumImages/welcome.gif

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140637

That sounds like a lovely car, can't be that many about, any chance of some details and pics?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140638

Welcome Geoff!....sounds great...as above, pics please!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140644

412234.jpg

412235.jpg

412236.jpg

Pictures from previous owner....needless to say the plate didn't come with it

Any of you guys know the car?

Thanks

Geoff

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140659

Wow, that looks absolutely gorgeous, can't say I've seen one of those in the flesh before! Can't quite see clearly what wheels it's got on, are they the Porsche Sppedline as per RS splitrim? Is that standard on this car? I guess it's 4WD as in a 993TT? (was there ever a 993TT cabrio?) 1988, must be one of the earlier 964?

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140668

Alas not quite as good as it looks.It's a 3.3 911 Turbo, with Turbo 2 body parts.The wheels are 18" split rims. I'm no expert, but I think they are the RS ones.It has fuly rebuilt engine, and (really heavy)clutch, Bilstein suspension, and a pretty clunky short shift 4 speed box. The guys that serviced it yesterday commented that someone had spent a great deal of money on it......and alas I probably spent too much too, but hey, what price is that turbo grin worth!

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140672

Previous poster said:
Quote: Originally posted by Butzi on 10 May 2007

(was there ever a 993TT cabrio?)
something like 12 were made :eek:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140673

If you have a look at the rims, if there's "Speedline for Porsche" etched onto the rim then it's probably the RS rim (although the writing would be gone if it had been refurbished.) The RS rims are quite rare/expensive, £3k a set the last time I saw one for sale.

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140681

Thanks Mick I'll take a look tonight. They have definitley been refurbished though.

Geoff

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140685

looks great 8)

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140690

Welcome Geoff, your car looks really nice. :lol:

Migration info. Legacy thread was 140697

New Threads

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spider69